Sign in to follow this  
CDS2000

PCUT 630 Memory?

My biggest issue with my Pcut has been my ability to cut anything that has alot of words in it, or cutting multiple logos. When cutting a sign for my back window(12" x 10") roughly 6 rows of characters only, in SignBlazer I will get roughly half of the vinyl sent through then signblazer will stop transmitting information and once the cutter catches up it will resume. But what happens is that the blade stays down during this interuption and drags across the vinyl. Is their any options that are available to us with a Pcut in regards to increasing our memory?

At this time there is not a memory upgrade available for any of our units except for the Refine series. If you are using the USB connection, make sure the cable is not being bumped while cutting because sometimes the connection is loose, and if it is bumped, the cutter will stop.

Hi

I also had an "overloading" problem. Also with many lines of text. Seemed  like the computer was sending the info too fast. Cutter would just stop.

checked my com port setting and changed Flow control to "hardware". Next time it cut the same file no problems.

Bill

Hello imarcnut,

How did you change the " Flow control to "hardware"? I to have that problem once in a while.  It seems that I can cut a 12" x 12" logo but a simple line of 15 letters 2 1/2" high it always "WAITS".

I'm new at this so please as explicit as possible.

Thanks much!

Bob Rynes

Pro-Etching Services

Interesting... I have seen a post regarding this issue in the past, and was a little worried about sending a job to my cutting this evening but everything cut fine. It was roughly 13" x 36" with 10 different text words, 9 of the words were shadow boxed, so it letter had a inner and outer cut, each by 2" x 12", and then 1 larger text cut 4" x 36".

Hey guys

I made a screen shot that I hope will help

"setting1"

click on "my computer"

click on "control panel"

click on "system properties" then "hardware" then "device"

under device manager click on "ports"

right click on "usb serial port" when that properties window comes up click on flow control and select "hardware"

ok/save close everything

in setting2

sign blazer

main window click "cutter" then "setup"

click "commsettings"and select " hardware"

ok/save everything and you should be good to go

If I understand it correctly, this setting will let the cutter control the flow of info instead

of the computer jamming it into the pipe.

hope this helps

Bill

setting1.doc

setting1.doc

setting2.doc

setting2.doc