Lancermr

Cutting directly from CorelDraw

Hi does any one has or knows what can i do to cut directly from Corel Draw X5? Im using a US Cutter MH1351. :-

• Like 1

You can cut directly from "Corel" and "Illustrater".

Bob Bigart

If that's the case; why not at least provide him with direction, if not insight as to where this can be found?

You can cut directly from "Corel" and "Illustrater".

Bob Bigart

I would like to see how.. I called uscutter and they told me the plug in does not work yet for corel 5. Are you talking about 5 or maybe a older one?

I feel that it is very disrespectful for individuals to make a remark as if they know something that you don't and will not explain how or why it will work. The purpose of the forum is to help individuals that are in the same or similar field that we all are connected to. If you know that you can cut out of CorelDraw X3,X4,or X5, explain to the individual how...not as if it's some top secret from the Pentagon!

• Like 2

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it’s a NULL MODEM CABLE and not just a PRINTER CABLE.

Null Modem serial cables allows two DTE or DCE devices to communicate with no conflict in data transmission

Then convert your line weight to the thinnest (the one with 2 ARROWS).

Set all lines at Wire frame.

Export as a .DXF file.

Send your .DXF file to your Printer.

Set your printer preference to your plotter cutter at PRINT.

REMEMBER YOU MUST CUT FROM A .DXF file.

This works for me and I hope it works for you.

Thank You,

Bob Bigart 

• Like 1

We've been cutting from Corel Draw for a couple of years now with no problems. We're using X3 and a Roland Camm-1 Pro cutter. All you need to do is add your cutter as a printer so that you can select it in Corel Draw from the print menu and then set up your page accordingly.

Our standard cutting page is 3200mm Wide by 340mm High. This is good for 15" rolls of material. You can change the height as needed per roll.

Try to add an extra 10mm to whatever size your roll is for the rollers (so our artwork doesn't exceed 330mm high for a standard 15" Roll).

make sure everything you want to be cut has a hairline outline on it.

You may need to make sure there are no fills in the artwork.

Line up your artwork to the left of the page.

Then just set up your printer properties to accommodate the size of your page and cut away!

• Like 1

Im sorry did you want to cut from x5 or click the SEND TO SIGNCUT in coreldraw x5? I was talking about the plugin, thats not fixed yet but will be soon. But if you want to cut right from x5 like a printer then im sorry, just forget what I said.

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it’s a NULL MODEM CABLE and not just a PRINTER CABLE.

Null Modem serial cables allows two DTE or DCE devices to communicate with no conflict in data transmission

Then convert your line weight to the thinnest (the one with 2 ARROWS).

Set all lines at Wire frame.

Export as a .DXF file.

Send your .DXF file to your Printer.

Set your printer preference to your plotter cutter at PRINT.

REMEMBER YOU MUST CUT FROM A .DXF file.

This works for me and I hope it works for you.

Thank You,

Bob Bigart 

Thanks Bob!

-Mike

I was able to use Signcut X2 directly from application launcher in CorelDraw X3 I would just click on signcut in the application launcher and it would take me to signcut with my artwork displayed on the page. I now have signcut productivity pro. How do I get prod. pro into corel so I can do it the same way. Right now I save my corel file as an .svg, then open sign cut, then open my file. That's fine, but I really like just clicking on the application launcher.

I feel that it is very disrespectful for individuals to make a remark as if they know something that you don't and will not explain how or why it will work. The purpose of the forum is to help individuals that are in the same or similar field that we all are connected to. If you know that you can cut out of CorelDraw X3,X4,or X5, explain to the individual how...not as if it's some top secret from the Pentagon!

Take it easy. Bob was simply answering the previous post,which said you could NOT cut directly. Unlike some people. Bob has been VERY willing to share his knowledge.

• Like 3

I was able to use Signcut X2 directly from application launcher in CorelDraw X3 I would just click on signcut in the application launcher and it would take me to signcut with my artwork displayed on the page. I now have signcut productivity pro. How do I get prod. pro into corel so I can do it the same way. Right now I save my corel file as an .svg, then open sign cut, then open my file. That's fine, but I really like just clicking on the application launcher.

I understand you to state since upgrading to pro you can no longer launch from Corel as you had previously? It's been a while since I made the transition; if I remember corectly in spite of uninstalling X2, there were still some lingering files remaining in it's program file folder that I had to manually remove before I could install pro so that it would launch and run without issue.

When I had SCP, never had a problem 'launching' in Corel. Maybe you just need to erase the X-2, and reload the pro. Maybe then the launcher will work, maybe???

Hello friends, I will say you few tricks to cut directly from COREL DRAW:
- Connect the cutter to the computer with the USB cable.

- install USCutter drivers.

- Draw the design in lines in COREL DRAW..

- Before sending to cut the design. you need to select all lines of the design and apply to the  value of  0.004mm to all lines of draw. using the  OUTLINE PEN TOOL. (Never forget to do this).

- Send the print design and select the cutter USCutter SERIES in the printer list. NOTE:  If the design is very long (over 2 meters) then select the PREFERENCES option and then the ADVANCED option in printer windows. There, you should PAPER SIZE option USER SELECT 1300 x 8000mm.

-Send to PRINT (CUT).

AND NOW ENJOY ...

• Like 1

Yes! You can cut from draw. theres a plug in on Macromonster.com that works great and theres also cocut a more expensive but feature rich option.

Sorry, but if your using a plug in, you are not cutting  directly from Corel Draw. You are cutting from ecut, 5.0 , that is the bridge between the Corel Draw and your cutter.,which is the cutting software. Just like Signcut has a Corel Draw plug in.  And Graphtecs Cutting master2..has an Illustrator and Corel Draw plug in.  Even SCALP software has the plug ins.Those are the cutting software to make the connection/bridge to your vinyl cutter. .

Without the cutting software features, how are you able to adjust blade offset, or overcut, on  a cutter, that does not have blade offset in the cutter menu?  Which most value cutters do not have...

The above person, wants to cut with out any other software.  Just Corel Draw. nothing else. No plug in.

• Like 1

I must be missing something. I've just setup my MH721, added it as a printer on my PC and I drew up an image in CorelDraw, when I hit print and selected my USCutter it sent and cut. I'm using CorelDraw X4.

I must be missing something. I've just setup my MH721, added it as a printer on my PC and I drew up an image in CorelDraw, when I hit print and selected my USCutter it sent and cut. I'm using CorelDraw X4.

So.. how do you set your blade offset, when the blade offset feature is in the cutting software.  Or the over cut feature, which also is in some cutting software,  Are your cuts lining up perfectly, start to end?

So.. how do you set your blade offset, when the blade offset feature is in the cutting software.  Or the over cut feature, which also is in some cutting software,  Are your cuts lining up perfectly, start to end?

I am not setting those, and no I have not been able to get a clean cutout yet. I am new to vinyl cutting, yesterday was my first day running the machine. I was just curious as to why I couldn't cut straight from Corel and you answered that, thank you!

There are two discussions going on here. As best as I understand it the Laser Point series does not have drivers for printing directly from Corel, or Ill, or Inkscape in that case you need the plug-in. Roland, Graphtec, etc do have drivers so it's possible to print directly.

Hola, yo puedo cortar directamente desde corel x6 en un uscutter mh 721, el problema es que los cortes no cierran, mi pregunta es la siguiente: hay alguna manera de configurar el corel para que los cortes salgan perfectos? saludos...

Try SignTools4.  This tool allows you to cut directly from Corel.  A 30 day trial download is also available.  I've only used it once as I'm just a newbie, but it worked well for my project.

Cutting with MH 721-MK2 directly  from Corel Draw X3 

I have Corel X3 and cutting with my MH 721-MK2 directly from the Driver installed as a printer. I can get it to cut the first image and then readjust the origin and select a second graphic to cut and it locks up in the printer queue. I can cancel it but it just stays there locked up ad does not let me send another file to the plotter. I have to turn everything off and restart windows in order to print another graphic. What am I doing wrong?

Jerry