Sign in to follow this  
Dbannon

T-Shirt Pricing

I've noticed on this site that alot of you use Jiffy for buying shirts. I have an account with Broder and their prices are quite a bit lower. What do you guys and gals charge for heat pressed shirts? I thought about competing against a guy who does silk screening. If I buy the shirt for $2.60, and a roll of heat press vinyl for $35.00 ($2.33 per foot), then each shirt would cost me $4.93. Do I charge $10.00 per shirt (single color)? And do I make a minimum order? The silk screen guy has a minimum of 12 for any order.

I need to know how or if I can be competitive to his prices. Thanks!

screen printing cost about .05 of ink per shirt so my printed cost is about 2.75 and a print dark color shirts for as low as 3.75 and do a hundred shirts in about an hour of actual printing time but i normal charge 10.00 per shirt and 15.00 for heat press since it is normally a small quantity as far minimum order if some one orders 1 shirt we charge 20.00 

I found Broader cheaper also in the price of the shirt but when I add their shipping charges in it comes out higher.  Jiffy is free once you order $59.00...

• Like 3

i use alpha shirt company free shipping over 150.00 just combine orders and order your stuff together if not just add 20.00 to your customers order for shipping

It also depends on who you're selling too. If you're contracting (selling to someone in the industry) then you want to charge lower. You also will need multiple colors incase your customer wants more then one color or a different color.

The best way to do it is contract your work out. Get a price a screen printer will do the work for you, then give your customer a good price, and tack on a small amount. You'll still get paid and only have to process the entire order.

The screen printer wins, you win, and the customer wins. That's a Win/Win/Win situation.

It also depends on who you're selling too. If you're contracting (selling to someone in the industry) then you want to charge lower. You also will need multiple colors incase your customer wants more then one color or a different color.

The best way to do it is contract your work out. Get a price a screen printer will do the work for you, then give your customer a good price, and tack on a small amount. You'll still get paid and only have to process the entire order.

The screen printer wins, you win, and the customer wins. That's a Win/Win/Win situation.

The only thing that sucks is your contract printer can contact your customers for their next order and give them a better price that you can

I would never contact my customers, customer.

How dumb would that be? It would be better for me to have contract printers coming to me and I don't have to do any sales and marketing. I would save thousands of dollars a year just allowing people like yourselves bring me business and I work directly with you.

Its not a very smart business person to go outside his or her customer and give a better price. In fact, I don't know any contract printer that does that. We give people in the industry a lower price and give those outside the industry a higher price.

Trust me when I say it's cheaper in the long run to have people giving me contract work then it is for me to sell and market my business. I also don't have to deal with the customer directly.

and there are cases like this . I got a price on a service thru contacts ... me being the comparative consumer seached the internet & wound up dealing with a company I found online . When telling the initial company my decision, they told me that was who they were going to use . Only difference was thier cost was $2K & the company I used charged me $1K . I bet the company actually charges the other business less , so they were going to make more than 100 % profit . That type of mark-up  ticks me off & gives a bad reputaion IMO .

You have to make money some how.

Conquest. I'm sure yo never went back to that person. You can also have them sign a statement saying they'll never approach your clients. It's probably not legal, but you can scare them in the beginning.

For heat pressed... I double the price of the shirt (include your shipping), then I figure out the cost of vinyl (include your shipping cost) per foot and double that, then I charge $2.50 for each time I lower my press (ie: more than one color, or more than one placement).

If it is a rush order I add 50%.

Latitude 42