Sign in to follow this  
darkdezigns

plz help foison and sb

hi please help i havent used my plotter for a long time,had to wipe hard drive since i last used my foison cs24 with sb,i found the usb foision driver and i found sb,the computer now sees the plotter but ive tried every port i can to make the plotter work and nothing,im on windows xp and connecting via usb,any help massively appreciated

hi it has a serial port but i need to use usb,and i cand get sb to recognise it on usb ports,but i know it worked as it was set to usb before,ive tried selecting every port on sb cutter settings :D

with the usb try using a back usb port - less power issues than the ones on the headers out front. also a quality usb cable . . . . if it is a laptop buy a good used windows xp computer for under 50.00 with a serial port and be amazed.  if a new tower add a serial port with a card from newegg

What do you mean, you have no device manager in XP?  Do you mean you can't find it?     My computers are XP... Control panel> System> UNDER SYSTEM PROPERTIES> Hardware>device manager

What do you mean, you have no device manager in XP?  Do you mean you can't find it?     My computers are XP... Control panel> System> UNDER SYSTEM PROPERTIES> Hardware>device manager

brilliant ty,now found it,just gone throught the guide,how do i identify the plotter from the list tho?and the only setting i have for usb on signblazer is usb001 or summa usb?

omg im sooo close ty for all your help kept looking thru,and my plotter is connected to comport4??which is usb?is that right,ive followed steps above now the screen runs thru the process of cutting a tilwe,but nothing from the plotter?only thing i can think of is it asks for which plotter,theres no option for foison c24?which should i use?any help really appreciated

If it is on com port 4 on your computer,  make sure you use com port 4 in Signblazer,  try the Roland PNC1000  driver, it's a generic driver.  Your welcome.  :)

Yes Carolyn is correct bring up the cutter setup and then toward the bottom you will  see load hit that a list comes up with the Roland's on there

ty so much people,im at work atm but my version doesnt have it,must be a real old version,ill try it when i get home,,man i love this place,again ty

omg after much head scratching it works!its alive!ty so much

Great feeling huh  :huh:

Your welcome  :huh:  great,  glad you got it...  Did you use the Roland driver to make it work?   Just curious.  

glad to hear that the collective mind has prevailed once again.

bb

MZ SKEETER I USED THE FOISON C48 DRIVERS. ALL THAT WAS WRONG WAS THE BAUD RATES. HAD TO SET THEM TO 38400 ON SGNBLAZER, COM PORT SETTINGS AND PHYSICALLY ON THE VINYL CUTTER.

I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU GUYS.

SHOUT OUT TO MZ SKEETER & SLICE & DICE. YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!