Sign in to follow this  
iaucolumbus

general question

Has anyone ever thought about making an area on this site with only images? Like a giant file archive? I know some of you have some great images and we all LOVE to share. It would be nice to have a place we can post some of our best stuff and let others use the files. Any ideas?

Brent

That'd be kool... I suspect there might be bandwidth and too many bites of images occupying the server issues. Now on the other hand if you wanna start a site for that purpose.....

Guest sciondrgn

The SMF forums has a Gallery package thats free to add on and incorporates a image gallery or just a file download section

If there is an add-on, I will check into it. Again, will need to check with Marcus.

Good idea!

:lol:

I searched the SMF download section and found some interesting things, including a couple of chat add-ons, but I could not for the life of me, figure out how to load them. I will have to ask Marcus for assistance with loading the add-ons, but we did get the OK to do them at least.

:rolleyes:

Guest sciondrgn

Let me know if I can assit Ken, Ive used SMF for years.

Its fairly easy to do with the package section they have :rolleyes:. Just make sure the version plugin you are downloading is compitable with the forum version were using.

Yea, I got to that point and did the download, but that is where I get stuck.....so I have the file on my desktop and do not knwo what to do with it. I was hoping I could double-click it and it would self-install, but that does not appear to be the case.

:help:

Guest sciondrgn

Click on Admin, Then Packages from your menu on the left, Click on the Downalod packages option and use the browse/upload if the package file you downloaded is local. You do not have to unpack it. SMF will unzip/unrar the archive and start the install, Just follow the directions for that package you are trying to install and should be good to go

This is from my forum, my theme is different but the placement should be the same!

post-0-12986515172995_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515173291_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515189169_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515189275_thumb.jpg

Ken

Another suggestion. I used to belong to a tech forum and they had a section called 'useful links' where you could post links to anything you though anyone would be interested in. Links to graphics,to free software,etc would be usefull all in one place.

Ken

Another suggestion. I used to belong to a tech forum and they had a section called 'useful links' where you could post links to anything you though anyone would be interested in. Links to graphics,to free software,etc would be usefull all in one place.

Copy. I will look for something like that as well.

:rolleyes: