Sign in to follow this  
johnnybravo

Refine MH721 - So near yet so far..

Hi guys

I just bought a Refine MH721, although my user manual says ROHS MH721 and I have resorted to posting here for your help after trying to get it set up on TWO different machines. i'm very close but some issues are still preventing me from starting work, i will try to explain:

SignBlazer works OK, but it's limited usage wise, because I need to be able to cut from Coreldraw or Flexi vector-based programs. CorelDraw 12 IDEALLY!

FIRST PC: Win XP Pro SP3

Using CorelDraw 12

I have loaded the Roland PNC-1000 driver and in Control Panel> Printers and Faxes> Roland CAMM-1 PNC-1000> Properties> Ports>. I have made sure the PORT is matching as in Device Manager. I have tried cutting from CorelDraw 12 and the job is sent and the cutter begins to move but I am sure the cutter thinks it is bigger than 24"! It moves across to the left hand side, hits the plastic side and tries to carry on making a grinding noise, then it comes back to the right-side and it does the same hitting the red button and trying to carry on! It then follows the cut pattern.

It DOES follow the cut pattern, but I am sure it is a paper size/media size issue, because when I view Print Preview in CorelDraw 12, I am getting a large long white preview with the shape to be cut in the bottom left corner.

Is my document/media size settings incorrect? How should I lay the page out in CorelDraw 12?

In Control Panel> Printers and Faxes> Roland CAMM-1 PNC-1000> Printing Preferences> Advanced>, my settings are as follows:

Paper Size: 470.00 x 1600.00

MediaSize Settings: 470.00 x 1600.00

Page Feed: Off

Origin Option: Disable

Front Loading: Disable

Polygon Fill: Off

High Resolution: Off

MetaFile Spooling: Disable

What SHOULD the media size/paper-size settings be? 470.00 x 1600.00 are the MAXIMUM values i can enter. which one is the height which one is the width? Where do i specify that it is using 6100mm rolls of vinyl?? what other settings do i need to check?

Using FlexiSign Pro 7.6

I can do the test cut fine, but again, when I go to File> Print Setup> Roland CAMM-1 PNC-1000, the 'paper-size' settings say 470.00 x 1600.00 - can anybody explain this and what it should be? Is 420 the width? Should that not say 610? I am using 610mm vinyl rolls, or less, so should the media/paper size settings say something like 610.00 x 'Unlimited' or more clearer?? When I go to File> Document Setup> what should I set the document size as?

Second PC: Win Vista Home Premium

The Roland PNC-1000 drivers won't install, I'm thinking it's because they are meant for XP, can anybody explain?

I have spent 48 hours on this and I have googled everywhere. It seems that these products are in desperate need of some reliable documentation to explain and instruct more clearly how to get these things running.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome..try this,, First off,  Corel is not cutting software.  You can only design in it and export it as an eps.  Then import it, into a cutting software. Or can import into a cutting software that  accepts Corel format. And you are not printing, you are cutting.  The MH 721 vinyl cutter is not a printer. It is FILE> CUT/PLOT.   Flexi 7.6 might work on your XP  but was not Vista compatible til version 8.5.   Go to PORTS in device manager.  Mine Say UNIVERSAL BUSS CONTROLLERS     Signblazer works great with the MH721, And unless you purchase a cutting software yourself, to use with this cutter, you have very few options, other than Signblazer.  Which is unlimited trial FREE cutting/design software.

If using  USB

* USB

If you need to install your cutter through the USB port, you will need to install the USB drivers. USB drivers are available on our support site under Downloads, then MH/Refine Series Downloads. The USB driver is the very top selection, simply click on it and run it. It will self-install and when finished tell you that "FTDI drivers have been successfully installed." Once the drivers are installed, you can plug your USB cable in to the computer and Windows should tell you that "new hardware is found" and then "your hardware is installed and ready to use." You then need to check your device manager under the ports category to see which COM port the USB installed to (usually COM3 or COM4). Once you find out which port it installed to, you can then tell SignBlazer which port it is using and select the correct Device.

if you still can't get it  put in a support ticket.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit