Sign in to follow this  
hawkkenz

Transfer tape opinion.

Had my pcut for a few years now, been doing a lot of t-shirt vinyl for a local sportinf goods store and some decals here and there.

Just got an order for 100 decals (that I undepriced  ;)) and I need to get a new roll of transfer tape.  I have been using the same roll of perfect tear main tape since just after I got my cutter.  I have trouble with the transfer tape not always sticking to the vinyl when it is removed from the backing, this is not so much a problem for me when I install a decal because I know to watch for it. 

My concern is that these 100 decals are going to be sold by the customer, I want to make sure that they don't have any problems with them.

So my question is this, would I be better off buying the paper app tape over the clear?  I have used it in the past and it seems to stick better.  I like the way the clear is for the people selling it because it displays better.

This decal cut that I am doing has some thin areas so I need to make sure it sticks for the customer.

Any ideas or opinions are welcome.

from your info ,  you sound like you are peeling the decal away from the backing, instead of peeling the backing  away from the decal. It does make a difference.  I have been using Main perfect tear  paper tape for several years, with no problems,  and all my decals are shipped ready to apply. And no complaints. The tape sticks to the vinyl real well.  Maybe it's because of your old tape.  I go thru rolls alot quicker than that.

The thought occured to me that the age of the tape could be the problem, from your post I assume you are using paper tape then.

I am thinking that mey be best for what I am doing.

Yes,  I use the paper tape for big and small.  And I do some very detailed work,  And up to 120" x 20" fullside vehicle decals.  No problem. 

Skeeter, Do you know how it compares to RTape 4075?  I need one that does not curl off at the edges.

Use Rtape 4075 or 4076 Conform. Don't waste your time guessing with these other brands. The tape sounds to be old also, Vinyl and tape have shelf lives.....

I use the Greenstar paper tape for most of my in-house stuff that I am applying, then I use Rtape AT60 clear for stuff I send out to people.

Skeeter, Do you know how it compares to RTape 4075?  I need one that does not curl off at the edges.

I have never used RTape 4075  Just Rtape 4050