Sign in to follow this  
kitlu92

New Mac can't connect to CP-2500

Hi all-

I have scoured the forums for info and can't find anything.  I have a Copam CP-2500 that I bought about 2 years ago for a business that eventually went out of business.  I cut probably a total of 10 stickers on it before unhooking it and storing it away.  At the time it was connected to an HP PC running Windows XP.  Although it took a support phone call to get it going, I was eventually able to successfully cut with it.  Long story short, it has sat in storage ever since, and I just got a new iMac i7 last week.  I have Parallels running Windows 7 with Windows-based CS4 Complete Collection and CS5 PS, ID, DW, and Illustrator running Mac-native.  I installed the SignBlazer Elements software onto the Windows 7 and connected the cutter via the USB cable.  Despite the annoying nag screen, Sign Blazer will open...but nothing will cut.  I have ordered a Keyspan USB to serial adapter.

Am I on the right track here?  Sign Blazer seems to be an abandoned program, and SignCut seems like a rip off with its subscription based license.  What other options are there?  I am not a sign professional...I just want to cut some stuff for little league stickers and masking films.  What should I do?

Signblazer won't work on Mac..You can purchase Flexistarter MAC version  for cutting.  It works great and you own it.  I have used it for my cutting software for over 4 years. (Windows version),  Can be purchased on EBAY or USCUTTER.  Yes, the Keyspan adapter should help you.  

I managed to get it going thanks to the help of Eric at xmarkcomputers!  He helped me get Sign Blazer going on my Parallels/Windows 7 install on the mac.  Also, since I have CS4 on the Windows 7 install, it works well.  CS5 will not copy and paste directly into Sign Blazer, but CS4 works well.

If you are having any trouble with Sign Blazer, Eric is the MAN!

thanks!