jimwww

Software advice - older Graphtec

Hi All,

I just got an older Graphtec FC2100-60A and I would like to use it with my MAC.  I have a Dual 2.3 ghz G5 non intel based Mac (running Leopard operating system) and would like to know from you what I need to make the Graphtec work.  If I buy Flexicut software will it work with my Mac? Also my G5 does not have a parallel card in it. (guess i will have to add)

I am curios to know which software you recommend as well.

Thanks in advance.

You could purchase Flexistarter for Mac on Ebay or USCUTTER,  Your model of Graphtec is listed on my Flexistarter 8.5 version.

• Like 1

Excellent - thanks for letting me know.  I saw that my 2100 has a serial plugin as well so I guess getting a keyspan to usb adapter (serial) is the way to go.

Your welcome,  it is highly regarded to get the Keyspan adapter for the Mac,  That is the brand name.  Can be purchased onEBAY and numereous other sites.  Just use the seach words Keyspan adapter.  I believe USCUTTER also sells it on their website.  USCUTTER.com

• Like 1

Yes I will get my Flexistarter 8 and keyspan from them.  I am curious - do I need a 'driver' as well to install on my mac?

So I don't need a 'driver" for the graphtec?  The other two drivers will work and make my cutter work.. is that right?

You can find that info by going to GraphtecAmerica.com    probably even have a User manual. All the drivers etc. are there.  look under cutter/plotter,  legacy /discontinued plotters. 

• Like 1

I checked with Graphtec and the Flex software already has the driver.  So all I need is the Software and the Keyspan and I am set.  Plus some supplies from US cutter.

Thanks for all your help.

Well I got my "All Driver Edition" Flexicut 10 today and NOTHING on it or in it shows how to install it on my mac. Looks like it is for PC. This is ridiculous.

So.... how do I install it on my Leopard Quad G5?

• Like 1

Well I got my "All Driver Edition" Flexicut 10 today and NOTHING on it or in it shows how to install it on my mac. Looks like it is for PC. This is ridiculous.

So.... how do I install it on my Leopard Quad G5?

There is a serparate mac edition - contact who you bought it from or SAI

oops , meant to vote positive for Skeeter & voted post # 11 by mistake :( .

SAI gave me a download link and changed my password so I have Flexi 8.6 working on my MAC now - happy about it.