Sign in to follow this  
carson21

cutter stoping mid way

i am trying to cut numbers for race car and cutter stops after one number of a two number . i am using usb to usb . so i am ordering  a keyspan usb to serial adaptor . will i have to load drivers or will this plug in and work ? thanks

instructions should come with it.     The ad for it, says plug and play. THe ad I read says comes with cd for the drivers.

i just test cut with out blade in cutter and with out vinyl and cutter finshed job 5 times not sure what to do looks like stacic problem but i have cutter grounded to stand .

I have read where some people spray a bit of Static Guard around their cutter,  Or put a sheet of Bounce fabric softner in their vinyl roll when cutting. 

wipe your vinyl with a sheet and put the sheet inside the roll core. At least that was the way I understood it. 

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be my screen saver popping up. It stopped the cut and would not continue even after waking the computer up. I turned off the screen saver and no more issues. I hope this helps.

Usb is the worst way to connect to your pc with this plotter. I have ruined feet after feet of vinyl using usb. USB is fine if you are cutting small things. Switch to serial port and never look back.