Sign in to follow this  
FutureSgtsWife

Etched vinyl

well..ok...I found some... FDC 3500 Frosted etch 24"x10 yards $100.95 at www.signsupply.com

If you're only gonna need a small amount,I can let you have a yard,12 inch width. Just pay for the postage. PM me if you are interested.

John, do you have any pics of things you've used that material?

Actually,I've never used it. I bought some for my brother to make some lettering for glass doors at his Hotel...kept some for myself.He says it looks great in that application. He also said it took some doing to get the cutting pressure/blade depth right.

someone on here posted a link for a place that you can get a free sample of it. I have actually received a total of 4 rolls of it (24"x5 yards). :lol: I haven't used it yet, but I believe it was avery and is called etchmark?

Any body of pics of the stuff used? I think that the pics that the vinyl manufacturers use are always "best lighting" situation. I want to see real world look  ;)

I was thinking about picking some up to put on the those way too clear windows on the new(er) house ... way too clear. Hahaha.

Guest rvgraphixs

Well my first ever attempt was just an hour ago, tested on my front door. One thing I noticed is that you do want to use any wet method of applying, it never sticks. I had the hair dryer on it and I still ended up creases. But oh well I will try again. I think it looks great from both sides besides the creases, looks almost damn close to real. I purchased it from www.specialty-graphics.com they have the glow in the dark also. The creases are at the bottom of the V that white line so you can see I have more than just one ;)

post-0-12986517100505_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986517112811_thumb.jpg

looks good!but whats all that white stuff behind you,in the yard?;)?

I made a post of an auto shop that I did about 2 weeks ago, and I put there logo on the sliding glass, Hang on and I will find the post an dlink to it so you can see.

those pics are awesome!

Dan, very nice. Did you have any problems with air bubbles or anything like that?

Ryne, what kind of etch vinyl did you use for the semeria imports job?

How does the etch vinyl handle compared to regular calendared stuff? Glow in the dark ... hmmm.... good for spooking the kids for Halloween? hehehehe.

I requested a sample sheet from Oracal. Can't wait to try it out.

I used the etchmark stuff I think its made by oracal.  I actually sell alot of this stuff, people like to put there names on there car windows with it.  B)

those pics are awesome!

Dan, very nice. Did you have any problems with air bubbles or anything like that?

How does the etch vinyl handle compared to regular calendared stuff? Glow in the dark ... hmmm.... good for spooking the kids for Halloween? hehehehe.

Window film etched film is applied wet.  Also wet.  With the right solution and squeegeed very hard to remove all of it.

those pics are awesome!

Window film etched film is applied wet.  Also wet.  With the right solution and squeegeed very hard to remove all of it.

I applied mine dry, and had no problems at all.  I only apply wet if the graphic is longer than 2', and then I still might do it dry with a center hinge method.

Hmmm ... so it the adhesive on the etch vinyl a little more gummy? I don't know if I want to use something that's going to be difficult to remove.

I believe the vinyl vinyl product and the window film product do have different adhesives.  From what I can tell, the window film has a clear liner and a different adhesive, but otherwise it is still vinyl.