shoopc1

Vinyl Express R series

Having issues with my R series from Vinyl Express. I have been using a smaller craft type cutter but my business has grown and now need a real one. I purchased the R series from Vinyl Express and haven't used it very much. I am now working on a large sign order and I cannot get the pressure right. It either doesn't cut all the way through, or it chews the vinyl up and drags it. I am about at my limit of frustration and cannot keep wasting the vinyl on test cuts.

Is there a way to set the pressure other than by 10's? 120 doesn't cut it clean and 130 is too much and destroys the vinyl.

HELP! :D

Thanks! I did actually find a tutorial and did adjust the blade and it's MUCH better- however, now that it's cutting correctly the vinyl is shifting and ends up cutting the last part of it off of the vinyl. The roller bars are locked down in place- I am using 15 inch vinyl (the color I'm using, I can only get locally in 15 inch)- thinking that has something to do with it- but Sign Warehouse assured me that this cutter would do fine with 15 inch vinyl....

Is there a trick to make it not slide around and shift out of place?

first of all make sure your vinyl is square in the cutter. you can check this by pushing the "offline" button on the cutter and using your arrows to move the vinyl. also do not put your roller in the center where it will hit the connection point of the feeders. your rollers are also adjustable with a thumb screw. i have a R series if you have any other questions let me know.    jake

Jake -

I have the R Series as well and I am running into the problem that it wont cut a 24"x36" piece of vinyl. My rip says

"Job is currently busy. Your changes cannot be applied."

any thoughts or have you had this problem before?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Chelsea.ball01 said:

Is this post still active?

No.

Stay within the thread you already started.