dbtoutfit

SIGNBLAZER HOTSHOT.... do you want it?

I also would like to know more about this.

I lost my complete computer and setup, so now I am back to having to watch the trial countdown again.

I lost over 10K graphics, along with all my t-shirt designs and customer files.

Had to start over from scratch.

Still re-drawing all my graphics.....

Man Im sorry to here that ! Hope you get everything set up again soon! That sux!:angry:cry.gif

Really sorry to hear about your data loss. Been there many times myself. But, backup software and DVD's are pretty cheap, and quite a good investment!

I also would like to know more about this.

I lost my complete computer and setup, so now I am back to having to watch the trial countdown again.

I lost over 10K graphics, along with all my t-shirt designs and customer files.

Had to start over from scratch.

Still re-drawing all my graphics.....

external hard drive to back up your files - worth every penny

Hello eveyone,

Does anybody know what's going on with this or what happended to this guy ??

I was supposed to be on a short list of the first 10 people amongst others to get Hotshot at a dicounted price and never heard anything again !! Looks like he hasen't been on the forum for a while either.

Tried emailing him some time ago but they get shot back again with an error... Don't think his email and web site are in existance anymore.

He was some computer shop, can't remember what it was called, all l know is his name was Eric.

He claimed he had been working on and had unlocked Hotshot and you didn't need a dongle !!

Any info would be appreciated.

Gary.

It was a dead end . Was not going to work for long according to somebody who was associated with Color Chrome First ( parent company of SignBlazer ) since it's beginning & is associated with the company that is developing the replacment software . Members who had paid $ , got refunds from Eric . I'm sure whenever the new software is released , that will be posted here right away .

Edit : Gary , The developer had problems last year because of the floods . Have you tried to find any info on SignBlazer being republished ? They are an Austrailian based company . The software does not have the same name . My contact has not responded to the last couple e-mails . The last response was that that the release was ready . They were shopping distributors .

external hard drive to back up your files - worth every penny

I actually picked up a Blu-Ray burner and 15 blank discs for it for less than 85$ on NewEgg.com.... 25GB per DISC... Backups are soooo easy that way....

Hey Rodger... To be honest l had never heard of a re-development of Signblazer except for the various times you have mentioned it on the forum !!

Not sure how you heard about this but have googled high and low without finding anything.

Have been digging around the traps over here as well as some of my contacts etc, and no one has heard of it being republished or even under a different name let alone something that is ready to be released... I'm hoping this is just not a myth !!

When and if a software emerges you would have to wonder if it would be as good as Jerry would have done it !!

It would also be strange calling it something other than Signblazer !!

Would it have the look and features of the Pro/Hotshot just with improved applications or a completly different look !!

I do have Pro with Hotshot that l bought from Jerry in about '98 but for some reason it's not reconising the hasp key anymore, will have to play around with that when l get time, but Elements does me just fine.

I have a Vinylmaster Pro demo,,, It's not too bad really, l don't mind it, and reasonably priced for what it does.... Maybe it's time for a change ??

But for now I'm happy with SBE and we'll see what happens about a new Signblazer in the future.

My thoughts at the moment... Not sure if it will ever happen !!

I understand what you are saying . With it being about 4 years since Jerry passing , it seems less likely to happen as time ticks along ..... BUT I have seen & tried the replacment software so it is not a myth :) .

It was a dead end . Was not going to work for long according to somebody who was associated with Color Chrome First ( parent company of SignBlazer ) since it's beginning & is associated with the company that is developing the replacment software . Members who had paid $ , got refunds from Eric . I'm sure whenever the new software is released , that will be posted here right away .

Edit : Gary , The developer had problems last year because of the floods . Have you tried to find any info on SignBlazer being republished ? They are an Austrailian based company . The software does not have the same name . My contact has not responded to the last couple e-mails . The last response was that that the release was ready . They were shopping distributors .

I was the second person to own Blazer, 14 small floppies and that was just the program. I have loved and hated the program for years but It still shits all over the others. I was a close friend of Jerry (the Australian developer) and before he bit the bullet I had talked to one of the tech's that helped develop it. The last information I had was that they where trying to re-develop it under a different name, but everything went quiet when Jerry died. The Australian government owns the rights to it as payment for a tax debt so you can kiss that good buy. I want to crack the software so the dongle is not needed and the last hotshots is useable. I don't know if anyone has managed to do it but can you let me know it it has been done. I am in Bangkok at the moment, talking to some programers about it and If I have any success I will post it here.

I love Blazer and have developed all my businesses on it. We can't let it die.

sent ya an email

No Prob,

I was more over just covering grounds for other questions.

There are a "few" ppl on the forum that are against me doing this type of thing.

At this point this software is considered 100% abandon ware but some folks just don�t get it.

I wish someone would pick this application up but I think it would be hard to find someone with the passion to do it the way Jerry intended.

I just don�t think it will ever happen. biggrin.gif

Eric

This project is on hold until we can get someone with a hotshot dongle.

If you have a Hotshot USB dongle and would like to get a free version of Hotshot so you can install on any amount of machines without the need of a dongle please contact me. We do not need your dongle just some info from your dongle.

I hope someone can step up soon, these dongles are becoming very rare and before to long the Hotshot version will be lost forever as the dongles stop working due to malfunction and or compatibility.

Without the info we need from the dongle Hotshot will never have a fix/patch. It�s a must.

Thanks,

Eric

This project is on hold until we can get someone with a hotshot dongle.

If you have a Hotshot USB dongle and would like to get a free version of Hotshot so you can install on any amount of machines without the need of a dongle please contact me. We do not need your dongle just some info from your dongle.

I hope someone can step up soon, these dongles are becoming very rare and before to long the Hotshot version will be lost forever as the dongles stop working due to malfunction and or compatibility.

Without the info we need from the dongle Hotshot will never have a fix/patch. It�s a must.

Thanks,

Eric

What info do you want. I can provide it.. email me thestickerman@hotmail.com

Will it work on Windows 7. I have HotShot with the dongle but Win 7 will not recognize the dongle.

Upgrade available for win 7 32 & 64 bit

• Like 1

care to elaborate on that statement?

bb

He was referring to my Hotshot dongle not working on Win7. He meant that there is an update to the dongle driver software for Win7. (Not SignBlazer)

I realize this is now an old topic , but, I am from Australia, and have been using Signblazer for 16 years now, and still do, i updated to Hotshot when it was first released and have never looked back, i have the dongle (Parallel type) and the program still works fine, but I dread the day when it will stop working as most of them eventually do, I would be very interested in finding a way to bypass or crack the dongle..by the way, in Hotshot the Parallel dongle is called a Hasp , witch is not the same but very close to a dongle, and I am told that some types of Hasp's can be bypassed with an emulator, i am almost certain that the type of Parallel Hasp used by Hotshot is an Aladdin type anyone interested or think they can do this might want to go here http://www.dongleservice.com/emulate-hasp.phtml the only problem is that to emulate the Hasp you need to have a working one, I am not sure of the risks involved , like if there is a danger in screwing up the dongle in the process, hence why I have not tried it ...yet !!

Any thoughts ? 

Contact Mike O'Brian .. member " Mobby " on here . He was involved in the intial software with Jerry and knows what can and can't be done  , especially with HotShots and Pro . 

If SignBlazer ever gets re-released with a true "Pro" version, I'm sure it will be worthy of the name "PRO" -- unlike the word Pro being arbitrarily (and unprofessionally) added to SCAL.

Just my 2¢