paval

need help with corel draw x5 and signcut productivity pro v.1.09

Totally new to vinyl cutting. Just got the Creation Cutterpro CR1300, have Corel Draw X5.

Have cutter set up, have printed a test.  After figuring out that I needed Signcut v.1.09 because I'm using Corel Draw X5 and figuring out how to send to Signcut from Corel (very frustrating), when I cut a test, no matter what file format I use, no matter whether I use Export or the Quick Launch, some of the letters in my words have what appear to be cut lines going through them.  Now I learned to preview in Signcut, and I see they are there.  When I use Inkskape it doesn't happen, but dang it, I made the investment in Corel Draw X5 and I'd like to use it.  I called tech support at the company where we purchased the cutter and software license.  The techie admitted she was a novice when it came to Corel Draw 5 but suspects it's some setting in Corel Draw X5 that causing it.

I'll attach a capture of the preview screen and you can see the cut lines (that's what I'm calling them, don't know if that's correct), in the example you can see them in the "e" and "g..  It almost seems like it's putting cut lines inside the letters for weeding any letter away that has a hole in the letter, but that's not what I want... i don't know what you would call that where you would want a solid background with the letters cut away so only the silhouette of the letter remains, can anyone tell me for future reference??  My question though is how do I stop it from putting those cut lines in those letters??

test-capture.jpg

I will greatly appreciate any help you could offer!

doesn't Corel have tech support?  Does it do it for every Font?   

I don't know.  I really don't think it's Corel's problem because it looks fine in Corel, the lines just appear when I open the file up in Signcut Productivity Pro.  Their previous version of the Productivity Pro didn't work at all with CDX5, and they had me download their beta version but are still getting the bugs out of it.  I have a service ticket into to them since yesterday morning, but haven't heard back (they don't have a phone # on their site, and they are in  Switzerland I'm told by the company that sold us the cutter).

Does it do it for every Font?   

I don't know about every font on my system, but I tried 3 different ones and those 3 had the lines in any letter that has a hole in it (such as an "e", "p", "r" and so on.  Appears on the preview screen and when I actually cut.

see if all the weedlines are turned off in Signcut. 

Yep, double checked and clicked on the green X to be sure they were all deleted.  Tried a couple more different fonts, same thing.

Well,  If you can't get Sign cut to work,  You can always download  Signblazer and use it.  It is Free unlimited trial.  and can be downloaded here on the forum. You will have to save the Corel in an older version of .eps  like version 8 to import into Signblazer,  Signblazer has not been updated for newer software and is no longer in business.

Well,  If you can't get Sign cut to work,  You can always download  Signblazer and use it.  It is Free unlimited trial.  and can be downloaded here on the forum. You will have to save the Corel in an older version of .eps  like version 8 to import into Signblazer,  Signblazer has not been updated for newer software and is no longer in business.

Thanks, will keep that in mind and may have to try it if I don't hear back from Signcut support.

Prior to exporting from Corel, if you change your screen view in Corel from normal to wireframe do the xtra cut lines appear?

Prior to exporting from Corel, if you change your screen view in Corel from normal to wireframe do the xtra cut lines appear?

I know, I thought I was onto something and tried that, but still same result getting the cut lines in any letter or number that has a hole in it.  Really strange.

I may ask for a refund on this software since I specifically told the sales person I would be using Corel Draw X5 and it obviously is not ready in a finished product since it's still beta with some bugs.

So to move on, can anyone recommend sign cutting that will work with Corel Draw X5 image files.  I think it's time to move on, I've been struggling with this software for more than a week now, even on my off hours while at home!

Flexistarter 10,  can be purchased on EBAY or here at USCUtter.    that is all I have used for over 4 years.   works great for cutting.  Priced around $130. or less,  and you own it.  The version 10  for Windows,also has contour cutting for most cutters.   You don't need a cutter with a laser or optical eye to contour cut.

Heard back from Signcut support!!  It's working now after following instructions exactly!  Here was thir answer:

"Please do a manual export from corel as an ai file compatible with ver 3 (they mean Adoble Illustrator 3.x, see link below for screenshot) and the options selected as in the attached image to set your corel defaults. Then try sending to Signcut again. "

http://signcutusa.zendesk.com/attachments/token/k3celzmilh8f2pa/?name=corelx5.png

"The problem is a Corel export problem and has been in existence since version 7 or Corel, you need to be sure the options are set exactly as in the image we sent, if this does not help you will need to uninstall both corel and Signcut then reinstall corel first then Signcut, then do another manual export."

I had been doing the export as she suggested, but my error was having the 3 check boxes under Options ticked.  Once I unticked them, it worked!!

Passing along so hopefully it will save someone else down the road a lot of time and trouble if they're using Corel Draw X5 with Signcut Productivity Pro v 1.09!

Thank you all who offered thoughts for a fix!