Sign in to follow this  
casperkyle

New Workforce 1100 With Cobra Ink

We got our new epson workforce 1100 with the cobra ink system today! We love it makes great transfers and also does great photos as well!! We have wanted one for a while and just figured out we were only 20 miles from cobra ink lol.. Richard was great to work with and very helpful some of the best customer service you could ask for...

post-8305-12986566076585_thumb.jpg

post-8305-12986566098324_thumb.jpg

post-8305-12986566123661_thumb.jpg

post-8305-12986566152828_thumb.jpg

Congrats!

Richard is a great guy and the quality and service is top shelf!

That shirt's pretty cool too. ;D

Looks good!

Does just the design apply or is there a white area that is applied also?

Looks great when you get into a lot of colors then you will really love it

It's cheaper overall to get it from cobra ink once ink costs are factored in. Using it for t-shirt transfers and decals will use up the ink very quickly, and a set of new cartridges cost $68 at the least.

Compare that to the cobra ink WF1100 with 50ml tanks and you might forget you need ink. It really lasts that long. Also, a set of 5 bottles of 4.4 oz pigment ink from cobra ink cost $60.45, less than the epson cartridges and who knows how many times more you get.

Can't go wrong with cobra ink.

CAN YOU PUT IN A COBRA IN SYSTEM INTO THE 1100 IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT? HOW MUCH IS IT?

Yes you can. Call Richard at Cobra ink. I forget if they have it on their website separately or not though. Not going to be very cost effective though if your planning on buying the printer then the CISS. Then add the price of ink and everything.

Also no need to type in all caps, makes it seem like your yelling, or in this case demanding a response. Just a friendly heads up.

Yes you can. Call Richard at Cobra ink. I forget if they have it on their website separately or not though. Not going to be very cost effective though if your planning on buying the printer then the CISS. Then add the price of ink and everything.

It was on their website but doesn't appear to be there anymore. His ebay store still has them though. But like you said, not very cost effective. I actually did the math when I was shopping for mine. I'd save something like $8 by doing it myself and buying the parts separately. That includes the CIS, pigment inks and waste tank. Then to top it off, when you install the kit, it's not internal like the ones you buy pre-installed from cobra. Also you get no guarantee. So if you already have an 1100, IMHO the best thing to do is to send it out to Richard to install the CIS for you. This way is a little bit more expensive than buying the printer from him with the CIS already installed, but it definitely beats doing it yourself and risking something going wrong and not having your backend covered.