okay. I have the concept down with layering but I cant find out how to make the smaller layer appear on top. My background layer always covers my main lettering when I do the align and distribute and the second problem I am having is when I save it it says boundary around whole page or follow path of text. I save it as an eps file and when it gets to signcut I only get one letter and only one layer. Have any tips? Thanks

John

When I save an EPS file in inkscape, i only have one box checked, and that is convert text to paths...

To get your back ground lettering to go behind the foreground color lettering, follow these directions

1. click on the selection tool (arrow on left hand side of screen)

2. Click on the background color...

3. Goto Layer at the top of the screen, then to either, "lower layer" or "layer to bottom"

then align it or whatever, then save file.

Should be able to bring it up in sign cut with no problems

Okay, I have that working but when I save two layers to send to sign cut. I open it up in signcut and its upsidedown and it appears to be only one layer. How do you seperate the layers for cutting? We are making progress for sure. I just hope you guys have the patience to put up with someone who is starting from scratch and is pretty much computer illiterate. Thanks again!