prototype66

a couple practice cuts

Despite the horrible 3M vinyl I have I am still managing to at least practice with some of my existing files I did in AI. Also throwing around the idea of changing the company name before I get going. These are the original and one using my name. One more would be Grand Ledge Graphics which has a nice sound to it also . Any thoughts are very welcome. Remember the vinyl I have was free and bless them for doing it but this stuff cuts horrible and lifts no matter what I do so.........anyway.

oh and a pic of "the machine"in my Batcave.

next up a new cut strip is needed soon.

DSC_0265resize-1.jpg

DSC_0264resize-1.jpg

263resize-1.jpg

DSC_0268resize-1.jpg

Awesome work! I like the Prototype 66 better. It has more of a scifi sound and I'm a scifi junkie. ;)

+1 on what is the font for perry signs, that's an awesome font.

Once you get some paid jobs, at the very least upgrade your monitor. Your eyes will thank you for it. Newegg has a bunch on sale and 24" monitors are routinely under $200.

What cutter is that? If you got it used and it's giving you problems cutting, I'd replace the cutting strip and blade, and if necessary the blade holder.

Keep it up, those are some great decals so far. ;D

Nice work!

I have been cutting the 3M vinyl freebies with no problems..I did my back window of my truck with it and seems to be ok...Will keep you informed on how it holds up...

and thanks for the font...casperkyle

stetson5331

Wheres the i in "graphics" lol

its all fun and games 'till someone loses an "i"

...then it's a sport!

LOL! no doubt!

Yea that is the release tape not letting go and my not prepping the surface better! The font is in fact Chancery also.

Yea I know the computer is a boat anchor but Sign Blazer works on it and if I save my files as AI 8 I can import them but I still need to get rid of the nag screen!  once I get going and sell some product I plan to upgrade. I cant put CorelX3, Inkscape or Adobe CS4 on it so I do a lot of thumb drive flipping. ;)

The machine is a 2005 VE Ultra GRC76s and has new blades finally but I need to replace the cutting strip next. so far even with the bad strip I can cut that star circle test fairly well but its not getting the really small stuff, only 4 rows in is the best so far. That is using that 3M stuff with the x pattern on the backing paper. doesn't seem to want to hold still very well.

LOL! no doubt!

Yea that is the release tape not letting go and my not prepping the surface better! The font is in fact Chancery also.

Yea I know the computer is a boat anchor but Sign Blazer works on it and if I save my files as AI 8 I can import them but I still need to get rid of the nag screen!  once I get going and sell some product I plan to upgrade. I cant put CorelX3, Inkscape or Adobe CS4 on it so I do a lot of thumb drive flipping. ;D

The machine is a 2005 VE Ultra GRC76s and has new blades finally but I need to replace the cutting strip next. so far even with the bad strip I can cut that star circle test fairly well but its not getting the really small stuff, only 4 rows in is the best so far. That is using that 3M stuff with the x pattern on the backing paper. doesn't seem to want to hold still very well.

I understand you need to get going but you can buy a brand new computer for a few hundred anymore that will support all the programs you need. No worries about crashing or if the files are too big. It's not going to be that much money out of your pocket in the long run because it will make things much easier on you.

yea that is next on the list  for sure. I bought this one new back in ......well I cant remember when! lol

once I get a couple jobs under my belt I will update the computer and possibly a newer cutter as well. I really love this Ultra tho..it's darn near silent and not too small to be limited too much.seems to work great!

cutting really small stuff seems a bit challenging but the massed up strip may have something to do with it.

the blade is only out about 1/16 to 1/32 so its not out too far but the new blade is lifting the vinyl up right off the backing paper ind isn't cutting very straight.

but I still need to get rid of the nag screen! 

go to what ever you click on to open sb, weather it be the link in your start menu, a desktop icon, or whatever.

right click on it

go to properties.

it will say the target of the shortcut, "blah blah blah, and then end with sb.exe" add an "nt" there so it ends in "sbnt.exe"

thats all you need to do to kill the nag screens. it will still ask you what mode to start in ("trial"), but thats it.

Thanks dude! Yea I did that one like 5 years ago and always loved it. I probably will stick with it and just add to it with a background or something.

I really like the Perry Signs logo. They're all good to be honest.

Keep up the good work.

Have to agree, love all of them as well.

How did you do the stroke and outline of the Perry one in Illy?

I used the outline feature in SM. Made a big one for my window of my car.....if it ever warms up!