Sign in to follow this  
Batranger

ethics question

lets say, totally  hypothetically of course , you go to open the new roll of 15" x 10 yds white FDC 4200 Series 5 Yr. Sign Vinyl you ordered and instead of being that it is a 15'' x 10yd roll of Sisser heat transfer vinyl !

Do you........

A) Call them and B***H cause the idiots sent the wrong S**T because you really needed the white vinyl.....

B)Call them and tell them they made a mistake......

C) Tell the guy with the wings on your right shoulder to Shut the F**K up and order another roll of the white vinyl.......

I'd go with B, only if they pay return shipping. Even though it was a mistake, it was still their bad...

I lol'd at C. ;D

What's making you go with FDC over oracal 651?

By all means, your choice though, hypothetically of course.  ;)

I would call to inform them they sent you the wrong vinyl ,  they are not going to ask you to send it back not cost effective at that point and stress the fact that you already have a pissed customer who didnt get there order due to their mistake!! Congrats

Think about those options.

A) You call getting all pissed of cussing and accusing.

Not they are also on the defense feeling attacked so will not be on your side but in a defensive position.

This will not be a good outcome.

;)  If you call and just explain the situation calmly now you are in control as they will feel embarrassed at there mistake.

Most likely you will come out on top with some free stuff or at least a sincere apology.

C) Dont do (A) but if © does not work out well ditch that company and order from somewhere else.

But be sure to let them know you are going else where and if they dont make it right still thats a company I would NEVER do business with no matter there prices

Customer Service goes a long way with me.

Price is good.

But service comes first.

Think about those options.

A) You call getting all pissed of cussing and accusing.

Not they are also on the defense feeling attacked so will not be on your side but in a defensive position.

This will not be a good outcome.

;)  If you call and just explain the situation calmly now you are in control as they will feel embarrassed at there mistake.

Most likely you will come out on top with some free stuff or at least a sincere apology.

C) Dont do (A) but if © does not work out well ditch that company and order from somewhere else.

But be sure to let them know you are going else where and if they dont make it right still thats a company I would NEVER do business with no matter there prices

Customer Service goes a long way with me.

Price is good.

But service comes first.

+1 absolutely!

stetson5331

Same thing just happened to me, SW sent me a 24 x 50 yd of 651 black when I ordered white. Im Just going to call them and see if they can just swap it out for me.

No one should need help with a question like this......

What's so wrong with asking other people's opinions?

@Batranger

Is the Siser more expensive than the FDC 4200? (I know the price on 4200 but I've never priced out Siser)

Will you use the Siser?

I have to agree with onery Roxanne on this 1 . Pride & integrity are the only things nobody but oneself can take away . I would not sell mine cheaply . I would not fault the company much  for making that mistake . It would be hard to find a business to deal with that is more perfect than to make that mistake occassionally IMO .

My philosophy has always been..I'll pay for my own mistakes but not somebody else's. So...IF they paid to send it back, I'd send it back...but only IF they gave me some kind of incentive to pay for the time and trouble as well. For me to send it back...it would be a 30 minute trip to UPS. Unless of course they had UPS pick it up.

People make mistakes....and the quickest way to get them to learn from their mistakes is for them to feel it in the pocketbook.

Anyway, Roxanne...I don't think the OP  was actually asking for advice.

@Batranger

Is the Siser more expensive than the FDC 4200? (I know the price on 4200 but I've never priced out Siser)

Will you use the Siser?

Yes by about 3 or 4 times and I will use it

sent an email to costumer service before I posted on here. Just got reply that since the order was actually 3 weeks old there was nothing they could do about the mistake,said I should have contacted them as soon as I got the order. Oh Darn now it's my fault

The right thing to do would be to call them and say they had been a mistake with the order. Even though now I have a little guy with wings telling me that I'm going to go to hell after reading this post. ;)

sent an email to costumer service before I posted on here. Just got reply that since the order was actually 3 weeks old there was nothing they could do about the mistake,said I should have contacted them as soon as I got the order. Oh Darn now it's my fault

Hey, you tried. I'd just order the white vinyl and call it a day. Just and FYI, FDC makes 2 identical white vinyls, white (#002) and crystal white (#102). Stick with crystal white; it has blue backing so weeding is easier and displayed decals look much nicer.

Hey, you tried. I'd just order the white vinyl and call it a day. Just and FYI, FDC makes 2 identical white vinyls, white (#002) and crystal white (#102). Stick with crystal white; it has blue backing so weeding is easier and displayed decals look much nicer.

LOVE the Crystal White... The blue backer makes it so nice to weed white vinyl.

My philosophy has always been..I'll pay for my own mistakes but not somebody else's. So...IF they paid to send it back, I'd send it back...but only IF they gave me some kind of incentive to pay for the time and trouble as well. For me to send it back...it would be a 30 minute trip to UPS. Unless of course they had UPS pick it up.

People make mistakes....and the quickest way to get them to learn from their mistakes is for them to feel it in the pocketbook.

Anyway, Roxanne...I don't think the OP  was actually asking for advice.

Yes I did know the right thing to do,Just wanted to share a little humor. And  Roxanne, oh never mind, my head hurts already from talking to the wife