badun

Too much pinch roller pressure or expired vinyl?

I'm in the process of making my first cuts with my new Refine ECO 24.  I have the blade pressure working fine now so the cuts are precise and smooth, but the pinch rollers are leaving impressions on my sample vinyl as well as the standard A4 paper that I used with the plotter pen.  My initial vinyl order is held up due to the wintry weather and I don't want to waste the few samples I have of premium Oracal so I've been using a remnant of Oracal 651 that I've had for a year.  And I don't know how old it was when I bought it from a supplier then.

I reduced the amount of pressure on the pinch rollers from the factory default using the turn screws but I am still getting significant roller impressions on the vinyl.  My question:  Should I keep reducing the pinch roller pressure or is it more likely that the vinyl I'm working with has seen better days and would show a fly's footprint at this time?  I don't want to waste vinyl if the answer is "keep turning the screws".  Thanks!

I only have outside pinch rollers & that area of the vinyl is not used in the decal ... if you have/are using the interior pinch rollers , I have read those marks go away .

I also have been told that the marks will go away. Do a test for yourself. Cut something and let it sit both in sunlight and in normal room temperature. My 2 cents.

Oracal says the shelf life of 651 is 2 years. Follow Rodger's advice. It's not the vinyl.

Thanks, all.  I should have thought to apply moderate heat to it.   ;)  I'm sure that will take care of the marks.

Rodger:  I don't know how to qualify a search and find this on my own (I mean, I know how to search the forum but no idea how to phrase it to get this particular result), so would you care to explain why you and another user share the same picture, just mirror images of each other?  ;D

I have 3 rolls of Oracal 651 that I bought 3 1/2 years ago & it is just as good from what I can tell .

Me & Bayotle seem to be mirror images of each other , just i am a bit better looking !!!  We were goofing off about the Barbie Girl thread . I linked a video of a guy doing an audition for " X-Factor " ( the link is in my signature line ) saying that was my buddy Bayotle . He made it his avatar . I copied & then he reversed his version . Now I call him the right side & me the left side , Maybe we will grow up some & change them ...( don't bet anything you can't afford to loose on that happening  ;) )

That certainly explains the picture.  When I first saw his version, my thought was "This guy seems to know his stuff and he's certainly very helpful.  Too bad no one told him how ugly he is before he made his own picture his avatar."  Glad to hear that neither of you is that guy!

That is still true for Bayotle  ;);D ;D

nobody knows what Rodger looks lke without the mask......I think someone sent me this pic of him on vacation

post-249-12986566016818_thumb.jpg

That is funny John . I can't compare to Clayton Moore in any way . I'll have to see if I have a camera tough enough to take a pic of me . My idea of vacation is getting enough time to go work on the farm .

I reconize Captain Chaos , but never seen Captain Klutz before . I can't compare to Captain Klutz or Captain Chaos either  ;)

No , I never got into Mad Magazine .Read it a few times , but me & it never took off .