Sign in to follow this  
runit

display

ok guys everyone here has helped me alot i know i have been asking a bunch of crazy questions lately but you dont know how much ya'll have helped me in the last week well i have one last major question i went to my boss and asked him if i could have sat and sun off and wow was i surprised he said yes so im going to go with the whole flea market ideal and run with it one question i have though is how do you guys display your precut designs and how many do you keep on hand if you have pics it would really help me out alot! im still a little iffy about loading my cutter up 2 days a week it just seems like a extreame hassle so im thinking im goin to go with the ideal of just precut any suj would be great :huh:

we did flea markets for a while we displayed our designs on banners and coro but we operated out of a 20 foot concession type trailer and cut on site. I am pretty sure we only sold 2 or 3 of our display stuff the money is in the custom stuff we made good money at flea markets though. I would most definitely cut on site!

really wow i didnt expect it to be like that because pretty much so far people have been asking me for the same old thing you know thanks alot good info ill deffinitly try it out thanks alot! any one else have any exsperiance ?

yeah.. bring your cutter..

people want stuff yesterday, so if you have to call them, or them call you, or whatever, odds are you are not getting the sale.

Im thinking thats deffinitly what im going to do i just gotta figure out a way to get all of my stuff to the market lol its going to be a pain plus theres no wifi :-{

i can hook my cell to my laptop and use it as a modem. even if my data network isint available, as long as i have signal, i can still access the web at dialup speeds through the phone.

something you might want to look into if you plan on doing a lot of this.

other than that, not having ever done this myself, ill pose another question. what kinds of custom stuff are you guys selling? would he really need the net to look for images, or is it more just all custom text and sayings ppl want? i would think it would be the latter.

• Like 1

we do alot of wording for truck windows and names but there is always pics you need for like sport decals live soft ball with names ect. if your going to do this for a while your goind to need internet

i have a galaxy s from at&t there saposta be coming out with a update soon so that you can tether hopefully soon i have been downloading and downling vectors but it never seems like i have enuff lol do you guys just put the cutter in the back of the car and ride out? i was thinking maby put it back in the box and wrap it up lol ;D dont wonna mess it up

i now have a place at the market that pay monthly its indoor and my booth loocks up i leave cutter and all supplies there

but i used to just put cutter in trunk with supplies and pc for other markets only way to make money is to cut on site

What I have found that sells great is adding people's names to clipart . Especially prism vinyl . I bought some 6" rolls & cut horses , cows , flames etc & everybody wanted 1 with their name on it . I had given a couple away to people I knew ... next thing is they had many wanting personalized decals which made me some money while I had fun  :D .

Im thinking thats deffinitly what im going to do i just gotta figure out a way to get all of my stuff to the market lol its going to be a pain plus theres no wifi :-{

you don't need wifi, learn to create your own stuff...

or do what i do and stock up on a lot of designs, haha.

it's worth a shot bud.

I love my wireless tether with my droid x.

yeah here at my local flea market they have the lock up stands i was thinking about leaving my stuff there but what happends when you have to cut something and your cutter is locked up in a flea market? just wait tell the weekend? im going to give it a shot this weekend to rent a booth its like 275 a month but im going to go ahead and spend the 80 to set up for one weekend and see how it goes from there but just trying to figure out how to get all my vinyl and cutter and pc down there lol thaTs going to be a BLAST!! lol

i would love to see some of you guys set ups it would help out a whole lot lol  :-

I use corrugated and a banner to display, plus a printed catalog. I do 10 to 15 festivals a year. I found that even if you're set up next to a guy with pre cut, and you're cutting on site, you can smoke him in sales. The only problem is speed. You have to be fast at designing and weeding.

One Display Board I have, is a bunch of Swapmeet stuff. The Other has Stick Family variations and Word art. I found that stick families and in memory stickers are the biggest sellers. So if you can show the customers you do those two things, you'll have ppl waiting in line to buy.

Ill be setting upfor an outside flea market here on Sunday.  I will take some pics and post them here for you to see.  I have a small 10x10 canopy with some tables a few banners and a bunch of coro boards that I use.  Pretty simple and it takes about 30 mins to set everything up.  I bring my whole computer with me.  desktop with 23 in monitor.   everything I use I bring with me.  as well as my optimus l9 for running credit cards threw paypal and for internet on my computer using wifi.  

Like I said I will take some pics and put some up on here.

I use sheets of plexi. we transport them to shows in pillow cases so they don't get scratched while in the suv. Then lay them out on the table with a black tablecloth underneath. I have another couple stand ups that I made from plexi and bent the bottoms with a heat gun. Those have my pricing and "we take credit debit with Square" logos. We always cut on site and the last show we did we were one of three vinyl vendors and the lessor known at that. We were slammed all day since no one else was cutting on site.