Sign in to follow this  
kabar

Problems with window 7

Hello!!!

In the past I was using the SB with window xp without any type of problems.

But since I changes to the window 7 certain problems started appearing.

One of them is that the computer is hung. I don't know if you use the term to "hang" but it is when the computer does not allow you to do anything and does not work.

This happens normally when I use the SB for a long period of time (more than 20 minutes).

Another problem that appears is that whenever I change the port usb between my printer and the plotter, I have to re install again the plotter as port of impression.

However much it represents the plotter as installed in the menu of Devices and Printer, if not re install the plotter, the SB does not recognize to the plotter and when I give him the command of cutt, there appears a message of which the plotter is not installed.

I hope to have been capable of making to understand and to explain to them correctly my problem.

Grettings

Carlos

your problem with unplugging your cutter all the time is, when you plug it back in, it is assigning it a new com port number. And then it doesn't match the Signblazer software com port number.  It is always best to put your plotter on a dedicated computer and leave it there. If possible purchase a cheap laptop/ or desktop just for your cutter. You can still find great bargains on Ebay. And I actually stay with the XP,  I don't upgrade.  MY backup computer is an XP.  it is more stable.   I don't use Signblazer, so I can't help you there.  It might help, if this computer is your only option,  to plug your cutter in the com port while your computer is off. Then maybe it won't jump com ports.  But no guarantees on that one. JUst a thought.

Thanks for your coment...I'll take note of your advaice.

Unfotunatelly I just have the notebook to do all my works...

>o)