XLII-Guy

Letter Tiles

Hope everybody had a great holiday. I spent some time over the holiday break creating some tiles. Opinions are appreciated.

post-12236-12986563980673_thumb.png

post-12236-1298656398095_thumb.png

post-12236-12986564003117_thumb.png

post-12236-12986564003244_thumb.png

very nice on the m. where can I get something like that.

I bought a fonts cd off Ebay that had a lot of them in it...Also the $1 cd on www.signwarehouse.com has some on it as well...Just go there and look in their $1 deals section...

stetson5331

is it vynil?

looks like lizer burn

It's vinyl on a 6"x6" Ceramic tile with felt on the back (let's face it, the back side of ceramic tiles are just ugly...)

very nice on the m. where can I get something like that.

Just do a Google search for free initial font. There's a ton of different styles available and because it's a font, it's already cut-ready. Just fire up your favorite cutting program, type a letter, size it to fit and go...

Add a little creativity, and you have this...

post-12236-1298656581374_thumb.png

post-12236-12986565830466_thumb.png

Looks really good ; Can I ask where did you get your tiles and stands at??

Yes, you can. <wink>

Tiles are from my local Lowe's.

The stands are from Michael's as is the adhesive-backed felt.

You just need to be REAL careful when you align the vinyl on the tile. If you're off by a degree, it sticks out like a boner in sweatpants...

I did a somewhat similar one on a 4x4 inch tile.You are right about the aligment got to be very careful.

What I did was weed after I stuck it on.

No  On the back side I glued a picture hanger with super glue and covered the back side with leftover vinyl, another time will do the felt a more professional finish.

When I do tiles, I do a weed border that is the same size as the tile.....I weed my material leaving the outside waste on for the time being....When the rest of the weeding is complete I trim the backing paper just inside the waste.....This gives me a decal that is the same size as the tile.....I use masking tape to hold decal square to the tile and then peel off the backing....Easy peasy to line up straight....

Nice info on the lining up straight..I am hoping to try one of these next week..Thanks again

stetson5331

hey XLII-

if you don't mind, i'm thinking about grabbing this idea for a gift or two for friends that have just purchased a house.

what types of tiles are you using for this?  what sizes?  i thought i'd become intimately familiar with all that home depot had to offer since i'm in there all the time, but i realized i don't know much about tiles.  what standard sizes do they come in?  any specific material that they're made of that you prefer?  thanks for the help-