Sign in to follow this  
beeseen

18x24 coroplast signs

I've made a few of these for myself. I now have a customer who's interested in purchasing some for his business.

What do you normally charge for these?

I Print All My yard signs.

Quantity dictate price not a number Of colors.

(in My Shop)

I have First price Break 10 pcs=$12.5 each

For me, my "trade" supplier is not local so hard to compete against local folks once I pay shipping on a couple pieces.....And I never buy from anyone who also sells retail so I do not use local printers for "wholesale" work.....

Neron,

You also have better equipment. For guys like me that only cut with vinyl and our equipment isn't full color have to offer a per color price.

Either that or oursource to you.

Better to outsource to a "trade" only supplier.....Also, for coroplast I always get them printed on a flat bed printer for a better result.....Sorry the bubbles when you try and laminate makes for a poor quality product in my mind.....It is a selling point when competing against locals that do not have such equipment.......

Better to outsource to a "trade" only supplier.....Also, for coroplast I always get them printed on a flat bed printer for a better result.....Sorry the bubbles when you try and laminate makes for a poor quality product in my mind.....It is a selling point when competing against locals that do not have such equipment.......

If your laminating with bubbles, You need to learn how to laminate correctly. I laminate with a big squeegee and out of 20 prints i will MAYBE have a error in 1 of them. Took some learning but i can do it flawlessly now.

I really don't do many coro signs anymore, If i do it's always one or two. I get $20 single side and $30 double side (well i try). I print mine too anymore.

First why would you laminate Yard Sign?

Ive never done it.

Second, i can not see anyone with flat bed printet accept to do 2 Yard signs And charge you wholesale price.

As i have mentioned earlyer Quantity dictate the price.

I have Shop minimum of 2 on Yard signs.

(using 54" wide material)

Im All for keeping it localy.

Just My 2c

Let me try to clarify.......

If you do not have a flat bed printer, you print on vinyl that has to be applied to substrate.....I used the term lamination, however, perhaps there is a better term to describe this action...In any event, as a result of this action there are typically bubbles....I base this opinion on signs I have looked at in my area....Perhaps that local shops are not as good as they should be so my results are skewed....

As far as outsourcing, I can buy any quantity I want......But at some quantities my costs are silly versus local selling price....So for me, if I am outsourcing printed signs I am usually not competitive until I get to at least 6 pieces....

As far as keeping it local it is just silly to use a local shop for "wholesale" work....When push comes to shove and a local shop needs to feed their family versus being loyal to their "wholesale" customers they will feed their babies....It is a very bad practice in my mind to use a retail shop for wholesale work and even worse if they are in the same market.....

Going price around here is $17 one side,one color, $24 two sides one color. I don't know ANYONE who will print  just ONE or even 10 without a set-up fee....usually $25. I don't even THINK about having anything printed unless it's 10 or more.

i will print 1 or 1000 at 10.00 for one side and 15.00 for 2 sided. of course there is price breaks.

That pricing schedule is insane.....Low quantities should be higher and high quantities should be lower....I am paying 30.00 plus 2.00 a piece for 1 to 1,000 pieces....

why it cost me the same to make 1 or 1000. the materials don't really cost me any less, i mean i still have the same ink price, the same vinyl price, and only a small price break on coro. and i have to compete with 2 screen printers. the way i see it i am making money either way.

That pricing schedule is insane.....Low quantities should be higher and high quantities should be lower....I am paying 30.00 plus 2.00 a piece for 1 to 1,000 pieces....

LOL

$30.00 is wholesale pricing you are getting from your out of town printer?

I hope they give you a free S&H.

30.00 just to open the file ;) that is insane ;) my price is just to print the file then i charge shipping. i guess that we all are just different in the way we do business.

Okay, let me try to figure this out. $30 for the file, plus $12 for all 6 signs. That's $42.00 not $50. What's missing?

Shipping was 8.80.....

Either way your getting hosed on pricing. Sounds like they are retailing them to you then wholesaling.

I can get flatbed coro signs for way cheaper than that from a reputable company, I think it was like $9 double sided full color or something.

You should look around a little bit. We get coros printing on flatbed 10 signs sided for $60 shipped... 50 for the signs and 10 for shipping

I get 12 signs for 54.00.....4.50 each...

I get 6 signs for 42.00...7.00 each.....

How is that getting "hosed"?.....

PS...I am in Canada so way fewer options......

If I couldn't manage 10 coroplast or less in vinyl, without having them printed, I wouldn't say I was in the sign business. Any half-wit can sub jobs out.

I love doing cut vinyl but I get these "idiots" that insist on full colour so they can show grass or asphalt shingles in the background....For me, I think a sharp 2 colour layout is far more eye catching....

those idiots don't know the purpose of a yard sign....or how little time people have to read and absorb what they say. They are wasting their money.

banner john, yep us idiots that print aren't real sign makers. as for roxann thats the pot calling the kettle black. you are the one paying to get your crisp 2 color signs printed.