Sign in to follow this  
bk2design

Free Phototex paper

Just received a free roll of phototex paper from http://www.phototexgroup.com/

You can print on it and then it has an adhesive back. the roll I got was 13" so it will fit my epson r1800 fine.

They say the thickness is 4000 of an inch. Is this too thin for the Pcut too handle?

I do not think there is a minimum thickness requirement for any of our cutters, but flimsy material would probably need some sort of backing for feeding it through.

I didnt play with it much but it was pretty high and was barely cutting through. I think I was up to 160 if I recall right. Even at that it still left a layer.

Got my sample roll today -- that stuff is so cool!!!!

I have not tried to cut yet, but printing with my HP inkjet worked great. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I want to try more things.

I e-mailed the company to get pricing - when I get it I will post it here.

Guest Terry

Just a thought for those of you with large format printers - I worked at a newspaper print shop and I would take the end rolls of 50# offset home for the plotter pen. Most all print shops will give them to you free, but  look for the offset paper, it's bright white and heavier. I use it in my Encad for testing.People use to come get our end rolls to pack glass in and for horse corals etc...