Sign in to follow this  
badun

Took the plunge and now I'm a vinyl cutting newbie

I've long been interested in computer graphics, especially for real world applications within my family.  After a series of less than optimal experiences with local graphics businesses, I decided to buy my own cutter to support my daughter's travel softball team.  I'm the team manager and it's very, very frustrating to take orders from parents and then hear all the excuses from vendors about why the order is late, wrong, or just never going to be delivered.  I'd much rather it all be on me to get it done!  With time, I may also be able to support some of other local teams and maybe even pay for the machine someday!  But even if I don't, it's really something I enjoy and I'm looking forward to playing and working with vinyl.

I just bought a 24" USCutter Refine Eco and will hopefully have it within a week.  My first task will be to create some heat transfer numbers and helmet decals.  Everything is already designed in Inkscape but I'm sure I will have LOTS of questions for the fine people in this forum.  :D

Welsome & remember the word " mirror "  !!!

I always thought it was smarter to take the plunge in a business than a marriage! :o

Oh yeah, welcome to the 4um! :rolleyes:

I always thought it was smarter to take the plunge in a business than a marriage! :o

Oh yeah, welcome to the 4um! :rolleyes:

;)

And welcome badun, hope to see ur stuff on here

Thanks to all for the welcome!  I'm anxious to get started but I'm having difficulties getting my cutter to work.  I opened a ticket with support yesterday so hopefully I'll be cutting this week and can show my first efforts!

Thanks to all for the welcome!  I'm anxious to get started but I'm having difficulties getting my cutter to work.  I opened a ticket with support yesterday so hopefully I'll be cutting this week and can show my first efforts!

Well lets hope you're not like rodger... you did plug it in right?

:huh:

D'oh!

Yeah, it is a communication problem that will hopefully be resolved through software once I converse with support.  No pun intended.

Geez , what a sore looser ...

Geez , what a sore looser ...

:) :) :D