Sign in to follow this  
twister23m

HELP guys

Sorry for bugging you guys again! First, how get into the BIOS settings to change the settings to ECP on my parallel port? Second, if I want to create a graphic, like a name , do I open up  inkscape or signcut to do it?  Do I need the signcut disc in to run the program? What is the small disc for that came with my package? I am really clueless about this stuff but with your help I know I will get it. I ran a testcut with the square and diamond and it cut great and was the proper depth. It weeded out nice. I am dying to make multi colored layered graphics but dont know where to start. Third, I registered on signcut x2 but I couldn't find where it said le or pe. The only license number was on the purchase ticket and license number and it say 1 month under pe. Lastly, can I put my printer/fax back on my computer or will it mess up the other drivers. I run windows XP. Thanks again. Please send results to jglosek@ptd.net

John

Guest fivestar

Normally to get into the bios you hit the "delete key" as soon as you turn the computer on.  BE VERY CAREFUL on what you change in there as you can screw up the system the where it won't boot at all, not to scare you but to let you know to be careful.  The inkscape/signcut I cannot answer as I do not use it, but the printer/fax you can hook back up and it shouldn't mess with anything.

Fivestar is correct is it usually the delete key to get into the BIOS but each motherboard is a little different. As soon as you turn on your computer you will see a text screen that will sometimes say press "del or F1" to enter setup. In other cases if you have an OEM machine like HP or Emachines where you may just get a logo and have to guess which key will get you into the BIOS. You can try pressing F1, F2, F10, DEL, or ESC, as soon as you turn on the computer and see the logo screen; one of those keys usually work. Once in the BIOS look for peripheral setup and parallel port mode and make sure it is set to ECP. You can try the other modes too but ECP normally works best. As stated before be very careful in the BIOS but normally you can set to defaults if you mess something up.

You can use inkscape to create graphics and then save them as EPS files and open those with Signcut to cut out. The small disk is the USB driver which you do not need if using parallel. Follow the directions in this post to register signcut properly.

http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=190.0