Scribe917k

Etched mugs

I do have the eps of the vintage smoke logo but I cannot give it out. It is the logo for a small after market motorcycle shop.

i just picked up some of this etching paste myself... added it on to an order of vinyl from uscutter.  just tried it out a few minutes ago and i have to say... for decorative glasses, etc, it seems to be a fantastic option.  i know sandblasting would look ultra good and it does have the texture, but for the price of this etching paste and the job it does i'm very impressed. 

Welcome to the crew!

Like you said, for the price it's pretty impressive - though i would still like to see it side by side to a typical sand blastin!

Has anyone tried the etching liquid or cream to etch other materials besides glass? Maybe on some marble, granite or porcelain?

I do have the eps of the vintage smoke logo but I cannot give it out. It is the logo for a small after market motorcycle shop.

That is a cool name . I did not connect it with motorcycles at all from what i could see of the mug . i have been an avid motorcyclist all my lofe . I have a 1974 Kawasaki 2 stroke triple now . best sounding bike ever ( not worth a darn for anything else ) + 1 for 2-strokes :huh:

That is a cool name . I did not connect it with motorcycles at all from what i could see of the mug . i have been an avid motorcyclist all my lofe . I have a 1974 Kawasaki 2 stroke triple now . best sounding bike ever ( not worth a darn for anything else ) + 1 for 2-strokes :huh:

I had a 74 if memory serves me correctly, KZ400, damn thing was a death trap, rode it to Chicago, on the way back it rained, er dumped non-stop until I got back, got off the bike and walked within 10' of the door, then the sun came out X(

Haven't riden since '04 and def miss it, though will probably never ride again - doesn't help my 1200 sits out back mocking me!!

1200 Hardley Ableson ?

I like the performance bikes . I have a Yamaha R1 & got a Suzuki 1250 Bandit this past fall . It is comfprtable enough to causually ride & still fun .

Well the price was right and the ride was fine  ;D

That was until the front wheel siezed up and flipped end over end  ;)

OUCH ... that sounds painfull . You get hurt ?

OUCH ... that sounds painfull . You get hurt ?

guess it depends on your daffynition of hurt...  ;)

wanna know, i'll pass it on but like to keep some things from being available on the internet!

Tried my first few etched mugs for practice and personal use. Turned out pretty good.

DSC05495.jpg

DSC05492.jpg

I have everything to do this i was wondering what you use in side your sandblaster

and where to buy the stuff to etch glass..

thanks

I would think sand would work just fine. There are many types of media but sand I would be sure would work.

I use the black media from Harbor Freight ... I asked the guy & he said some of the media breaks down very fast & leave a finer & finer etching . I bought the very course stuff & it works great . I set the pressure to 35 psi & go over a couple times , it makes for a better job . I seen a vendor cut 1/2" into glass at a sign show .

Are you guys doing these for yourself, or for resale? And is there any idea of how much they are worth per pcs.? Thanks scott