paulzeee

Is there any...

Alternative to sign cut? It runs like absolute crap 90% of the time. Freezes, crashes, have to restart my entire machine then it might cut one tile then it happens again....

What else is out there to interface with the cutter?

-Thanks

Are you sure it's the software and not the connection? Are you using USB?

Jay

I'm not sure what else it would be. USB is the connection type, COM2, always use the same USB port, have tried others in the past with the same results, different cord etc. I LOVE the software and it's ease of use but honestly for as much work is it is to get it to actually cut consistently is not worth the time.

Do you have the ability to use Serial connection? My P-Cut had similar problems and when I switched to a serial connection it all went away. Either the USB keyspan adapter or a serial card installed in your desktop.

SignCut in general is very stable and rarely crashes. When it does it is usually because of one of two reasons, bad or lost communication or a file problem.  One way to test the problem is to try cutting the Signcut Logo, if you have trouble with that then it is not an image problem, if the program becomes unresponsive when sending to your plotter try unplugging the usb cable, if it becomes responsive again then you definitely have a communication problem

Serial connections do provide a more stable path from the plotter to your computer but if you are using USB and have communication trouble you might want to be sure you have the latest drivers for your computer or use the Keyspan adapter. Not all adapters are created equal and the Keyspan is about bullet proof.

For communication problems we recommend the Keyspan adapter available on Amazon for around $22 USD 
http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3914

For Communication drivers for most import plotters please go to
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Support tickets may be entered via email to support@signcutpro.com or by going to our support portal.

Our support portal is here

http://signcutusa.zendesk.com

Hi had one question do I have to have internet connection for my software to work with my cutter its a refine mh 1351 54"

Kimon I can't see how you guys can recommend a Keyspan adapter when uses the exact same USB connection.  It's the physical USB connection male to female plug loosing contact that causes the drop-out. A serial connection is far more positive, stable and trouble free. If the PC doesn't have a serial connection use a serial card.

Joe

post-4238-12986563859012_thumb.jpg

post-4238-12986563877404_thumb.jpg

Joe, I think it's usually the USB plug on the cutter that causes the issue. The Keyspan adapter bypasses that in favor of the serial port on the cutter side.

Jay

Hi jay you're right but I've found the actual connection will also cause problems at the PC.  Often USB mouse will go missing and previous USB printers I've had played up.  Although the last couple of Inkjet printers I had have been USB and I've had no problems with either of those. I now pinch the male USB connection to make it fit a bit firmer that seems to help.

Joe

yes you need internet connection except for the dongle version.

Alternative to sign cut? It runs like absolute crap 90% of the time. Freezes, crashes, have to restart my entire machine then it might cut one tile then it happens again....

-Thanks

Yes, SignCut Prod Pro is solid and great software. I did have a repeated crashes on my Windows 7 64-bit system when I had outdated Keyspan drivers. Updating the drivers fixed the issue (can't blame SignCut). I knew SignCut probably wasn't the issue though since it was rock solid on my under XP and my Keyspan was fine too, so I figured drivers were the issue and sure enough they were. 

-Thanks

I have used Sign Cut for a bit over two yrs now everyday about and I don't believe you will get a better more user friendly program.  I can assure you there is nothing wrong with signcut it is your computer or something else.  In the past if I had a problem I learned it best for me to uninstall it in the control panel restart the machine and reinstall and presto always for me.  It is not Signcut if you find something else it has a high learning curve and more problems than signcut I have been there and done that.  Try what I am saying here if you have a problem put a ticket in at their website and they will help you.  Be patient.