xJoey Dubsx

Few etches from the weekend.

Picture frame turned plaque for my buddy's work. He works in the detail dept. which never gets any awards in the dealership...

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjEtMjAxMDEyMTgtMTU0Ni5qcGc.jpg

Black mug we made for his friend. Wording was done with 2 passes, and the mustache was with a third, and came out really deep. She liked it though.

mug2.jpg

ashleymug1.jpg

once you sandblast off the glaze the inner porous ceramic is exposed and it will absorb liquid  that is the reason for the glaze.

a friend of mine does these and seals with a seal it pen - not sure on the long term durability but it works for now

once you sandblast off the glaze the inner porous ceramic is exposed and it will absorb liquid  that is the reason for the glaze.

Sorry, let me rephrase that..

How do you seal it?

a friend of mine does these and seals with a seal it pen - not sure on the long term durability but it works for now

Didn't realize you made both posts above mine, haha.

Janator supply, Stone and tile stores sell durable ceramic and stone sealers by the gallon for about $14-$22. You see it as a shiny finish on concrete floors in warehouses and food prep areas.

how did you sand blast it. I am new to the vinyl cutting industry and I like the etching i see