Gee never thought of that. duh

Anything specific the holder needs to have or be. ?

try to find a metal one, but if it's cheap enough,plastic is OK too. I'm still using a plastic blade holder on one of my cutters after 4 years.

We maybe you folks need to go into the parts business...If they are that overpriced there is cash to be made!....

Hey Roxanne ,

Everybody here knows how to get change from a penny ! If not we would buy from another supplier & get the same stuff @ 3 times the cost . I don't think anybody would argue that we all are bargain hunters .

I'm having fun with this & don't mean to provoke you , just giving you another perspective .... That said , the opposite of your advice could apply just as well ... maybe you need to go into the parts business , buy up the blade holders @ $30 & sell them for a higher amount since they are that cheap ... there is cash to be made ! ...  ;D

to some of us,the difference between $10 and $30 buys a lot of groceries. Not all of us have the money that Roxanne seems to have.

Back on topic. Is the blade holder diameter 11.5mm like i see many of them ? I couldn't find the specs.

A off the topic. LCD is 30 and a blade holder is 30 ? Come on. Hell the motherboard is 80 so the plastic blade is just under 1/2 the cost of the main componnent. ?

All of it is chineese made not USA union.

Thanks

Mark

I checked a while back and could get 20 of the "memory Upgrade" chips for the refines for $6. each from china.  In the end decided not to compete with Marcus!

to some of us,the difference between $10 and $30 buys a lot of groceries. Not all of us have the money that Roxanne seems to have.

Along these lines , the saying " take care of the pennies & the dollars will take care of themselves " is very true .

Along these lines , the saying " take care of the pennies & the dollars will take care of themselves " is very true .

I was raised poor. A nickle was a big deal and hard to come by. It taught me the value of money..and not to waste it. I bet you are the same way,Rodger.

Yes I am . My Mom always & still does gets bothered when somebody leaves the water on while washing hands etc . The times she came up in were very tough . We were so poor when I was a kid , my Dad would cut holes in my pants pocket for Christmas .  :D

LOL...  :D

Did you have to walk 5 miles up hill too and from school as well in the winter?

LMAO!

stetson5331

Yes indeed !!!    :D :D :D

Yes I am . My Mom always & still does gets bothered when somebody leaves the water on while washing hands etc . The times she came up in were very tough . We were so poor when I was a kid , my Dad would cut holes in my pants pocket for Christmas .  :D

LOL your mom sounds just like my mom,Rodger.

I understand being frugal and I do shop carefully. But for me 30.00 for a blade holder does not seem unreasonable. A good blade holder is important for the quality operation of a plotter. I see comments on this forum about incomplete cuts. And I think that is something that might be a side effect of a poor quality blade holder.

Gee never thought of that. duh

Anything specific the holder needs to have or be. ?

try to find a metal one, but if it's cheap enough,plastic is OK too. I'm still using a plastic blade holder on one of my cutters after 4 years.

check it out closer. i was a bit perturbed that my mh series came with a nice machined aluminum pen holder, and a shitty "plastic" blade holder. i was going to turn one on the lathe out of aluminum to replace it, but my laziness won out and i never got to it.

turns out, after all this time, on the bottom where it rubs the vinyl it has started to wear, and ive found that it is actually blackend brass. yours might not be plastic either.