Sign in to follow this  
MrMcStewey

(Farmers Insurance) Window & Door Logo Help Quote

I tried to tiptoe into the sign making & shirt gig but I am getting requests left and right via family referrals. I really need help with providing some quotes for a customer.

Here is what is involved:

1) Farmers Market window decal (proprietary font, red) 36 inches across and about 5.5 inches tall. Below that were 5 bold bullets with some services offered.

2) Farmers Insurance shield, blue and red that goes the width of the front door.

3) Agent's name w/insurance agent

4) Push / Pull / Night Drop / No Soliciting / Suite # decals to be added to the door

I am using Avery 6 yr vinyl which is being applied to the inside of the door so it will not be directly exposed to the elements.

Please advise on what you would charge for a setup like this.

Thanks all for your help. I really did not mean to be getting gigs already but my in-laws are sending people my way. This is a great problem, but one I wish I was better prepared for. If I undercharge, it hurts the industry so I want to make sure I am status quo.

MrMcStewey

Don't apply the vinyl to the inside. The adhesive is NOT uv resistant like the top is. I see this mistake made ALL THE TIME.

Don't apply the vinyl to the inside. The adhesive is NOT uv resistant like the top is. I see this mistake made ALL THE TIME.

got the same answer directly from the Oracal Rep!

To be honest, this ones a tough one to quote out since there isn't any layout posted or sizes for anything but #1.

A good starter would be to take your material cost after you find out how much you will use, double or triple it, add in how long you think it will take to install with a min of 1 hour and add any travel time as well by going by 1/2 hrs. This is what i do typically and it works fine. I say a good hourly rate would be nothing lower than $50 per hour. Mine is $60 currently though.

I appreciate the guidelines and the heads up regarding the adhesive. I will have to work that out with him and advise him.

Regarding the door symbol. You can see the image here : http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=farmers+insurance+logo

It is the second one in from the left. Probably about 18 - 20 inches across. We wont know until the new door comes in. Two color. That is the biggest one I will have to do. The other onces are just the name which I will use your other guidance on for charging.

I welcome anyone elses quotes as well. It's nice to get multiple perspectives.

Thanks,

MrMcStewey

I appreciate the guidelines and the heads up regarding the adhesive. I will have to work that out with him and advise him.

Regarding the door symbol. You can see the image here : http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=farmers+insurance+logo

It is the second one in from the left. Probably about 18 - 20 inches across. We wont know until the new door comes in. Two color. That is the biggest one I will have to do. The other onces are just the name which I will use your other guidance on for charging.

I welcome anyone elses quotes as well. It's nice to get multiple perspectives.

Thanks,

MrMcStewey

To be honest, i almost don't think your ready for jobs like this at all. I know you gotta start somewhere but figure the layout out first, find out how much material your going to use then you can get a more accurate pricing. You could give a ballpark and if i could GUESS i'd say $150-$300 or so but that's just me.

It would be easier to apply the white vinyl all at once then trying to level up each line or pieces of it. Then i would layer the red or w/e colors on.

On the adhesive being on the inside or out, That is something you need to figure out. Your the service provider, not the customer.

The logo I can do easy enough. It's just knowing how much to charge for the shield. I am guessing the average provider would charge more than just a basic text wording due to layering of multiple colors on the transfer tape then applying as a whole on the door. I've gotten pretty good with the plotter and graphic designing. Thats from previous computer experience.

Learn to charge for the whole job rather than pieces. If you do it in parts the customer will pick it apart and be like "oh well i'll just get this for now" and you will be screwed on the job.