prototype66

Greenstar

Can anyone enlighten me on this product? I dont see a manufacturer or anything...just suppliers.

I was hoping to look further into it.

It is US Cutter's house brand.....I have used other "house brands" (I think they mostly come from same place) but once I started using Oracal 651 I was hooked.....

I've just finished a 50 yard roll....it works as well as any vinyl I've ever used. Easy to weed and apply. How it stands up,only time will tell.

other than oracle 641 i have used greenstar...of course im anewbie but it seemed to me easy to work with and gave me no trouble

cool guys thanks. I was looking at getting a starter kit with the Greenstar to get going. with the tools and transfer tape and all. Just wasn't sure which brand.

So how do you deal with the colours not available in Greenstar?.....

with 25 colors i think to choose from its ur basic colors...not really at this point had anyone wanting something that greenstar dont offer...but just in case i have a local signwarehouse hub i can get other colors from

So how do you deal with the colours not available in Greenstar?.....

IN 6 years, I have yet to have a customer ask for a specific color other than the basics..red,green,blue,etc. If 25 colors doesn't suit them, probably nothing else I do will either.

I actually prefer greenstar over oracal 651.

It may be the fact that I am a newB at this, but it seems much easier to weed and it is very flexible when applying it.  I don't like 651 because it has a real brittle feeling to it and I can not weed it very well.  I really struggle on smaller stickers when using it.

I have to use 651 since the bbble gum greenstar has been out for a while.

Darin

To me it seems the finish on Oracal is more consistent. I have not seen Greenstar but have seen a couple other house brands that apparently come out of the same factory and at times there is little marks in the vinyl. Not sure how to describe them. 

To me it seems the finish on Oracal is more consistent. I have not seen Greenstar but have seen a couple other house brands that apparently come out of the same factory and at times there is little marks in the vinyl. Not sure how to describe them. 

those little rectangles near the edge every once in a while?

I have been throught about 10 50 yd rolls of greenstar and  have noticed the differance with 651 vs greenstar. The gloss and finish is the big diff that i have noticed and being greenstar has a rougher, less glossy finish the app tape will pull harder. If you using a holder for app tape to do coro signs or something of the sort greenstar will not work as well as it does not release from the app take cleanly like 651. And i much prefer the smoother, glossy finish on oracal. And the price differance to me is not that much to be worth sticking with.

I will stay with the oracal. I burned up all my greenstar on promotional banners and short time use stuff.