Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

estimate for 3 color heat transfer shirt??????????????

I DESIGNED A SHIRT FOR MY CHURCH AND THEY WANT LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT THEY WANT TO PURCHASE ABOUT 200-300 SHIRTS. THE ONLY THING IS THAT I MADE THEM WITH THERMO FLEX ! I NEED A LITTLE HELP GIVING THEM A ESTIMATE ON THE SHIRTS,THEY ARE ALSO MADE WITH THREE DIFFRENT COLORS.IN THE FRONT IT HAS A COUPLE OF LINES OF WORDS AND A LITTLE PICTURE, TOGETHER IT MEASURES ABOUT 10"X7 AND ON THE BACK IT HAS SOME SENTENCES THAT MEASURE  ABOUT 7"X7" I WILL GET A PICTURE OF THE SHIRT AND POST IT ON HERE SO YOU GUYS CAN GET A BETTER VISUAL OF IT! ANY ADVICE IS FINE! THANKS :)

My friend

I would recommend to outsource that job to a screenprinter. It will be chaper, faster, easier and did I mention cheaper?

You should get a good price as that is a good quantity. You see how much you get charged and then charge something over it and make some money.

I got 50 shirts printed 4 colors for $1.25 (customer proved the shirts so I only paid the print).

You usually charge around the same you were charged for the imprint, so you make as much as the printer.

Save yourself some time.

Joe

That is a good price.  :)

Keep in mind that the price didn't include the shirts but they can be bought really cheap.  I wouldn't cut and weed it for $1.25 a shirt.

Me neither! Screenprinting is the way to go.

I ot them @ $1.25 bt I sold them @ $3.00.

Joe

I am not sure where you got that price for 4 color process, unless it was direct to garment printing. The set up alone on 4cp is usually

$100-250.

Is it a 3 color front and a 3 color back?

Not to say you couldn't get it that cheap, but on average most contract printers I know would charge $1.70 for a 3 color 1 location

print, plus $20 per screen. I actually sell these jobs retail for $2.70 plus the shirt. That is 3 color single side if you want 2 color on the

back as well, it would be an additional $1.30. All inclusive pricing, screens, film etc.

So just make sure you check quality and pricing before you quote it out.

i called around for some quotes and the cheapest i got was :for 200 shirts printed front and back, 3 colors on the front, and 1 color on the back, he said he could do it for $5.00 a shirt and they provide the shirt , does that sound like a good deal !what do you guys think :notsure:

I am not sure where you got that price for 4 color process, unless it was direct to garment printing. The set up alone on 4cp is usually

$100-250.

Is it a 3 color front and a 3 color back?

Not to say you couldn't get it that cheap, but on average most contract printers I know would charge $1.70 for a 3 color 1 location

print, plus $20 per screen. I actually sell these jobs retail for $2.70 plus the shirt. That is 3 color single side if you want 2 color on the

back as well, it would be an additional $1.30. All inclusive pricing, screens, film etc.

So just make sure you check quality and pricing before you quote it out.

I was surprised too. It wasnt easy to find that price, but thats the prize for hunting deals. He didnt charged for screens.

Guest fivestar

Beardown may be able to do 'em up for you and I'd say he'd be cheaper then 5.00 for that quanity.  I don't want to nor am I speaking for him though... :) 

Hi All , at the Atlantic City sign show , the heat trasfer material for cutters was made out to be indestructable , "last longer than the fabric"  . Is there inkjet type decals being made or only silk screened ? ( seems the silk screening does not last ) since i don't know from experience , i only know what i have been told . i would trust board members alot more ... any advice ?

thanks , Rodger  :snow:

Hi All , at the Atlantic City sign show , the heat trasfer material for cutters was made out to be indestructable , "last longer than the fabric"  . Is there inkjet type decals being made or only silk screened ? ( seems the silk screening does not last ) since i don't know from experience , i only know what i have been told . i would trust board members alot more ... any advice ?

thanks , Rodger   :snow:

Silkscreening done the proper way, will far outlast the garment. Take a look at some of your old shirts you might have...

The screened portion should still look good if it was done right eventhough the shirt may be tattered and torn.

Vinyl may last longer than screenprinting, I actually don't know, but really how long is someone gonna

keep a shirt for nowadays? Either process done correctly will outlast the garment by far.

As for inkjet transfers, I have heard there are several "good" ones out there, but do not have

any experience with them...I am going to 2 trade shows this month, and will see what is out there.

If I find anything good I will report...

I've done inkjet transfers dark & light.  They both seem to last through several washings.  The warm colors tend to fade the fastest after the first wash though so stay away from Reds and Brown if you want the color to last longer.  The cool colors and black will last through a year of washing and sometimes drying.  The best inkjet paper is Transjet II.