ryan8281

24" Lynx Bobcat cutter

If anybody could help this would be great!! I have had this cutter for some time now. When it cuts from left to right it will make very jagged cuts like the blade is jumping. There is spots where it dont cut the vinyl at all because of the jumping of the blade. But when it cuts everything else, right to left,circles,curves, it works fine. I bought a new blade holder,Blade,Cutting strip. Tried to set the downforce more and less, tried the blade depth more and less, and still does it.

Any ideas?? :) Look in the For Sale Section!

Make sure that there isn't anything in the blade holder. Maybe apply a drop of light oil so that the blade can spin freely in the holder.

How about the carriage and race? not a chance they could be loose, bent or have debris on either one that's causing the blade to strike?

The carriage is on track and clean. If i set the downforce less it helps but still does it. When i set the downforce alittle less it will not cut the vinyl. 

you actually want the absolute least blade necessary to cut.  you should barely be able to see the blade

Mine did this very thing once. I bought a good blade and cleaned holder properly and problem was gone. What is happening is you blade isn't pivoting properly in holder, curves and what not its fine but when it does straight cut left to right the blade isn't pivoting around and trailing correctly.

well it is a brand new blade and blade holder. The old blade and blade holder works better then the new one does. I never had this problem before. Now within the last few weeks it has started doing it. I didnt do anything different to the blade or holder. It just started doing it one day. I will have to try putting my blade in as far as i can.  :D I sure have wasted alot of vinyl because of this :'(

Well I have to say Thank you to all that has helped me with this problem!! ;D The new blade holder came with what looks to be grease in the holder to help the blade spin? Well after i cleaned it all out and put the drop of oil on the ball bearings this thang works like a charm now. Good thing this Forum has people willing to help. I spent 120$ to signwarehouse for the parts they said was the problem that was not!

Thank you all!! ;D

Glad to hear you got it going. That's what I thought it was all along.

Jay

;D ;D Well i spoke to soon!!!!!!!!!! The dang thing is doing it again and i did not move anythang... Ok it is going to be up for Sale. I Dont know what is causing this. I put the pen in to see if it would do it. But i can not tell because the pen is like a sharpy and it is not hard. It looks like with the pen in going from right to left the line is darker then going from left to right. It almost acts like when it goes from left to right it goes to fast and makes it jump.. But i dont know and i have been dealing with this for 3 weeks now.. ;D

Well, i have a brand new old cutter now. It has a brand new blade and blade holder, new cutting strip, new caggiage, and still dont work. Now they are saying the control panal is bad. Im not going to spend 440$ to put a new control panal in so if anybody wants to buy this shoot me a offer..

Ryan try adjusting your blade again . Take a credit card and adjust the blade about half the thickness of that credit card.any more than that and your blade will jump and tear the vinyl alot of times.I still think you have to much blade sticking out . .

Ryan try adjusting your blade again . Take a credit card and adjust the blade about half the thickness of that credit card.any more than that and your blade will jump and tear the vinyl alot of times.I still think you have to much blade sticking out . .

1/2 credit card is too much blade!