xJoey Dubsx

Messed with Armour Etch.....

:) For the most part I think the tradeoff between the hastle and start up expense of blasting vs. the portability and ease of Armour Etch for the smaller jobs or mugs and glasses that will spend most of their "show" time wet with condensation, the Armour Etch and the ability to use it effectivly is definatly something that should at the very least be available in your quiver should the need arise.

That said, to be totally well rounded it's a good idea to invest at one point in a sandblast set up if you plan to include this type of work in your offerings.

BTW: The work you did looks great... and you can cover your set up costs with two mugs!

Nice work!

I started off with Armour as well, just wanted to get away from the checmical part of it. Plus a few articles I researched indicated that blasting does give a deeper etch and a more defined( another justication reason to buy more toys). I believe both methods have their pro's and con's.

How long do you guys leave Armour Etch on? Instructions said 5 minutes, and I feel there were some inconsistencies.