chanff

How to upgrade memory

I have a refine mh 871 and Have problems that I am sure are memory problems. As I have tried every way possible to get rid of static.  How do you upgrade the memory in these.

Don't know of many "off the shelf" cutters that can accept a memory upgrade but you could try allocating port 6 for the cutter and expanding the memory a bit. Also try dumping your projects from the job manager after cutting and not using a usb hub. 

Static is caused by bad grounding and it is also caused by dry conditions increase the humidity in your work area. not steaming hot but in the 5-15% range will reduce static and it may reduce the communications problems your having ( normal hardware or xon/xoff handshaking should reduce the need for new memory so that leaves static & buffer overruns) I'm assuming your not getting good read/writes so it looks to you like a memory problem but it can be static.

I have been on mission lately to debug a problem I had with parts of my file not being cut.

In summary, it wasn't static or memory but more likely Signcut Pro.

I have a US Cutter Refine MH 721. I running XP and CorelDraw X4. I was using Signcut Pro but was having difficulties on larger file size cuts. It would skip over large portions. Sometimes it would just misbehave. So I grounded everything, didn't fix it. I bought the larger memory, didn't fix it. I installed Signblazer 6.05, fixed. Not exactly sure what the root cause is but has to do with how data is being transfered to the plotter.

Signblazer 6.05 does not have the Refine drivers but I'm using RedSail RS720C which is working very well (note: The DMPL driver worked by the scaling was slightly larger than actual size (1"x1" was more like (1.01" x 1.01")).

After all this research, I decided to make it more simple for newbies. If you want the latest and best version of Signblazer Elements with a crack that gets rid of trial mode, visit www.mystat.com and scroll down to the bottom.

Memory upgrade and install instructions is available there too.

cheers.

Were can you get the cupon discount? I wil like to get the chip

It looks like you have to go here(below link) and add to shopping cart and pay... He hasn't been on since May 2011

www.mystat.com

• Like 1