Sign in to follow this  
mattyb777

HELP!!!

My computer crashed recently but I got it fixed and just hooked everything back up.

I have SignBlazer Elements 2008 and never had a problem cutting.  Today, after hooking everything back up, went to make my first cut and received an error message when I clicked on the set-up button.

it says:

(an unrecoverable error has occurred!!!! it may be possible to save your work to a file.  the file will be named "SignBlazer Recover.sbd. Do you wish to save?)

I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it still does it. Any ideas on what to do?

thanks,

Matt

I have something you could try. I had trouble un-installing SBE before I re-installed it. I found that when you open SBE it will automatically try to connect to the internet, keeping that part of the program open. The program will not fully un-install until you break that connection. You have to disable your wireless/cable internet service first, then un-install it. Go into your Program Files and make sure "Cutting Technologies"(SBE) is not there. That should remove the complete SBE program. It worked for me.

I did what you said and disabled my connection then un-installed it. Checked my program files and cutting technologies is still there....

How do I remove that?  Can I just delete it before I re-install?

thanks for your help!

Matt

Not sure what operating system you have.  I have XP and all you need to do is right click on the start button then click on explore , then when the box appears on the left side look through there and find SB and then delete all those files or anything that is SB and that should get rid of everything and then start fresh.

Hope it works

Is it going into Setup of when you try to import something. I get that error when I try to import an ai or eps file that SignBlazer doesn't like. If it is when importing, turn off the preview option.

No....preview is off.

It happens when I get to the cut screen when I click on set-up.  The set-up button allows you to select cutting properties and what port the cutter is hooked up to.

Is it doing that with other files also ?  I have had files go corrupt & do the same thing . Also if I send to the cutter & go back to the design screen several times , it jambs up .

I ran into a problem with sb awhile ago, sb crashed every time i tried to cut.

Turned out to be a hardware change on my system that caused the port sb was cutting on to change.

Just telling the cutter to move to the home/max position caused a failure.

If this is the same for you, check the port the cutter is setup to use, it may be that simple.

Well.....nothing is working.  Uninstalled, installed software and Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers...still the same thing....everytime I click on setup in the signblazer cutting software and it says an unrecoverable error has occurrd....

There has to be someone that knows something.....

Just wanted to double check things with you. Did you go into your program files and delete the "Cutting Technoliges" file? Did you disable your wireless connection? Did you first install your cutter driver disc, and then re-install SBE? Did you connect your USB or parallel connection in the proper order? Let me know how you make out, Arty

Just wanted to double check things with you. Did you go into your program files and delete the "Cutting Technoliges" file? Did you disable your wireless connection? Did you first install your cutter driver disc, and then re-install SBE? Did you connect your USB or parallel connection in the proper order? Let me know how you make out, Arty

I deleted the program file "cutting technologies" and disabled the connection....

I dont think I have a cutter driver disc, but I tried to install them from the US Cutter support suite site.

Tried to re-install SBE and connected everything in the proper order.....

NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!!

At this piont in time, I would contact your cutter's tech support. You never mentioned what brand cutter you have. If is is a US Cutter unit, I would contact them. I have heard they are very helpful.