Sign in to follow this  
vidmanjohn

Static solution for MH721?

I use an antistatic spray with my MH721 and am able to cut successfully about half the time.  Has anybody tried a humidifier in the area of the cutter with any success?

ground the stand to the cutter - the mh series sits on rubber feet and the static builds up in the stand then discharges thru the cutter head

If it is static couldn't you lightly touch the vinyl and with another hand touch the stand to get rid of it?

If it is static couldn't you lightly touch the vinyl and with another hand touch the stand to get rid of it?

better to ground the stand than just try to ground it through you body

So what is the best method to do this?  There was wire with my new cutter- MH721 - and I have read that this needs to be done but where should things be connected.

between a screw on the cutter bottom and one on the stand with the paint removed under it

between a screw on the cutter bottom and one on the stand with the paint removed under it

AAHH!  That might be the key!  I didn't remove any paint. 

I was having the same issues a while ago.

I contacted customer support and finally got someone who seemed to know what they were talking about.

They told me to run a copper wire from the cutter to the stand (having both ends touching solid metal).

Since then, I've still had the problem.

Tonight I'm probably going to take half of the cutter apart and see what the deal is.

For the money...it's a great cutter...I just think the setup between the cutter, stand and grounding between the two is flawed.

I have mine grounded. I have the dryer sheet, that I rub everything with, and it still cuts a line all the way across or all the way down the vinyl. I am starting to think I should have just kept my 12". This crap is making me mad!! And I have a humidifier in here with it too!!

I have mine grounded. I have the dryer sheet, that I rub everything with, and it still cuts a line all the way across or all the way down the vinyl. I am starting to think I should have just kept my 12". This crap is making me mad!! And I have a humidifier in here with it too!!

Are you using USB connection? If so get a keyspan adapter.

If you don't think it will help, just ask this guy.