Sign in to follow this  
Scribe917k

Broken cutter out of the box

Well lets see what happens with this. Im trying to be positive I really am but this day is just going downhill. Purchased a 24" Laserpoint cutter w/ contour cutting. It was shipped to my house very quickly and both boxes were in perfect condition. I started unpacking and assembling the stand and noticed that one off the feet at the bottom of the stand was bent pretty badly. Not a real problem because it is prolly a $1 part and will be taken care of without a problem and the machine will still operate. Well the stand was together so its time to fasten the cutter to the stand. After unpacking the cutter from the plastic and foam I noticed the carriage arm was off track. Well after a quick inspection it appears that one of the roller arms that holds the carriage on track is busted somehow. It is really loose feeling unlike the one next to it. Im not badmouthing UScutter yet becasue I just submitted a claim and really hope this can be resolved quick and painless. I am very anxious to start using this cutter as I have many projects I would like to get done. I have my fingers crossed this is not what I should expect on a regular basis.  :-

Well USCutter sent me a email and they want to replace the cutter. I sent pictures with my claim and it shows pretty clear its busted. I am very pleased with my customer service experience so far and hope it continues this way. I am very anxious to get this cutter up and running and start turning out some vinyl.  :D