Sign in to follow this  
dill

how to do a border without weed lines on the backround

I just did my first two color graphic (simple text with a backround), and I'm wondering if there is a way to cut the backround with just the outline cut so I can just lay the text on the backround with out the weedlines?

Thanks in Advance :thanks:

This is from memory so it might be a little fuzzy but should get you on the right track.

say you have a black background of a football and white text on top of that in white that says football.

in SBE there may be two sets of cutlights. one in white for the text football and another in black that also says football.

To verify this move your white text off the black background and click in the area (on the black background) if you see the words "football" there is a cut line in the black background area also.

simply click and delete the black "football" cutlines.

now move the white "football" text back onto the your black background and your good to go.

there is probably a MUCH easier way of doing this in SBE but I havent found it.

FYI:

these steps shouldn't need to be done if the original vector artwork was created correctly in the first place.

There are two ways to creat vector files vfor multiple colored decals. the first is each layer is a solid colored layer in whhich eaqch color is applied ontop of the last.

there is also a "nested" application where the layers are placed "inside" an area cut into the previous layer. this can result in gaps between layers due to shrinkage of bad layer placement though and I wouldnt advise.

some allow for an edge overlap but this can have some disadvantages also in smaller decals.

I hope this helped a little

Bill

I think I answered my own question. I was using aq shadow before and I believe the extra cut lines are to help line it up. There are no extra lines in border.

Thanks.  :thanks: