I've had a P-Cut but never a Refine. From what I read on this forum I would go with the refine.

Like I said. If the price is right it is a good cutter. Not a great cutter.

:) My trusty CR630 has never let me down, I would however recomend a blade holder upgrade as the pcut comes with the bearing-less variety. I did however get it brand new complete with shand and basket for $180.

:) My trusty CR630 has never let me down, I would however recomend a blade holder upgrade as the pcut comes with the bearing-less variety. I did however get it brand new complete with shand and basket for $180.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it for that price...

thanks

stetson5331

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it for that price...

thanks

stetson5331

Long story but the condensed version is bidding on big ticket items on national holidays that are usually "roadtrip holidays" like Memorial Day, Labor Day etc.

Usually these are days that get minimal bids because most people don't check ebay while driving, camping or at the beach.

I've purchased a new LV slot machine for $60, 42" plasma for $250, cutter for $180 and more stuff that I probably wouldn't have saved on if the seller had thought things through.

The seller of the plotter was CutterPros.com, decent regular prices on their site but traditionally poor customer service.

RG

Now I know what im doing on Christmas  :)

Never had any luck on the winter holidays, everybody's inside...

gotta agree wit locknload - midnight y2k was a killer time to win auctions!  wish I had known about bidsniper back then!

I bought a 1992 Corvette convertible on eBay on 9/11/2001 for just under $1800.  It was listed with no reserve and had brought a few bids.  It was set to end on the evening of 9/11.  I bid $1775 with a max of $5000 about 2 hours before the WTC got hit.  I had forgotten all about the Vette.  Later that evening I got the email that I won the auction at $1775.  I drove it for 2 years and sold it for $11,000.

I've used a refine for 4 years with no issues. A year ago I got a Pcut...used it from time to time...mainly because the refine is 36" and I cut a lot of 30" vinyl. A month ago I cut the last of the 30"...and immediately switched the cutters. Performance, noise...tracking....the Pcut wins hands down. The other day I did an 8 foot cut on the pCut with less than 1/16" drift from beginning to end. I could not imagine a Refine doing that well. In my opinion, the pCut is a better machine in every way. And I cut a LOT of vinyl.