Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

Where to host website?

So I know GoDaddy is a site to buy domains, and host and that's where my buddy hosts my forum I own....

Anyone thing highly or poorly of it?

Any recommendations?

I plan on buying one soon, and coding it all myself..

Any help, and recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheaper the better too!

Since you are a Vista print guy  :D ( I read the other thread ) . They have a deal for $10 that includes everything ( domain name etc ) . I am on the 30 day free trial now . I don't need that big of a website , so the $10 per month suits me . GoDaddy was close to $100 when i checked into them .

Since you are a Vista print guy  :D ( I read the other thread ) . They have a deal for $10 that includes everything ( domain name etc ) . I am on the 30 day free trial now . I don't need that big of a website , so the $10 per month suits me . GoDaddy was close to $100 when i checked into them .

I do not use Vistaprint lol..

They're crazy! haha.

I buy domains at 1and1.com or something like that. I then host them on www.ixwebhosting.com

With 1and1 you have to contact customer service to have them point your domain to your hosting site.

With IX Webhosting, you can have one of three plans. 1) 3 domains and unlimited hosting. 2) 8 domains with unlimited hosting or 3) 16 domains and unlimited hosting.

Basically you use a subdomain with the unlimited hosting.

Stick with the big boys, I had nightmares with quite a few of mine.

A few of them were down more than they were up and one got trashed in the move to a new server... twice!

I believe just like everything else...You get what you pay for...

Get 1.99 a month hosting and you get 1.99 worth of hosting.

It really depends on what you are going after, I look at this as my business front end as most people are on the web looking for stuff these days. I don't mind paying 10.00 a month to host a site when it is up 99.9% of the time.

I have a buddy who owns a web design company, he has his own server in a data center. he offers hosting at a very good price for what you get in my opinion. If you would like to look into to hosting with him send me a PM and I will give you his details.

I believe mine was a flat rate (or maybe I chose to pay that way, I don't remember) and was about $70 for the whole year, then $1.99 a month for a dedicated IP. Never got my moneys worth, never really did anything with the site. Now I just have a blog to show off some of my work. Its like a make-shift portfolio for now(for my graphic design work).

If you code, go use microsoft's office live for free, turn off the webcontrol so you can self customize, then buy a domain name for $14 / yr. Depends on how fancy you want to go but if you got a decent knowledge base for programming, it can get you by.

Since I have so many websites, I started to host sites myself. 

If you need hosting contact me. 

I charge $5 a month but for forum members I'll cut you a break.

check out my hosting site:  www.BlackTipHosting.com

later...

Pappy

godaddy.  I do web design and put all of my customers on godaddy.  Bang for your buck, you can't beat it.  And they have phenomenal support!

And fwiw, you never pay what the asking price is at godaddy.  Always google 'godaddy promo code' before you check out.  I have gotten a discount EVERY time I have purchased from godaddy.

godaddy.  I do web design and put all of my customers on godaddy.  Bang for your buck, you can't beat it.  And they have phenomenal support!

And fwiw, you never pay what the asking price is at godaddy.  Always google 'godaddy promo code' before you check out.  I have gotten a discount EVERY time I have purchased from godaddy.

Can you use these when you renew?

Good luck to you and yours... although its one of the best places to register domains... 

Can you use these when you renew?

You can certainly use coupon codes when you renew, Google Godaddy renewal coupon. Typically I can renew for 7.50/yr.

I use 1&1 and they charge $6.

But you don't get anywhere near the features as www.IXWebhosting.com

Once you sign with them you can host unlimited domains. You still need to register the domain.

I use 1&1 and they charge $6.

But you don't get anywhere near the features as www.IXWebhosting.com

Once you sign with them you can host unlimited domains. You still need to register the domain.

Yeah and you can get the same features from me for $25 a year (same price I offered people who pm'd me).

I don't have overhead like these guys...  shoot me a pm and I'll set you up. 

compare the features... www.BlacktipHosting.com

I use bluehost for all of my sites. Pricing isnt bad and they have good support.

same here.  blue hosts pricing was great, i grabbed my domain and signed up for two years.  their support is fantastic.  one of the support guys even called the day after i signed up to see if i had any questions or concerns about the service, or if he could offer any help to get me started.  i didn't really need any, but the gesture was rad! 

i used webhostingpad once.  once was enough.  their support is garbage... get what you pay for.