Sign in to follow this  
modeverything

Multi layer problem cutting bottom layers

This is going to be hard to explain. When i cut a decal that has more than one color. i would like it to cut the bottom colors in whole so i could lay the top layers over them. when i cut them it cuts the bottom layers with holes for the top layers to fit into. witch makes it super hard to line them up. if they are even a hair off you can see it! i'm using vector magic and signblazer.

If this makes no sense i'll take some pictures and post to make it easier i just woke up after a long night of trying to fix this lol

Thanks!!

it's almost like i used the weld punch through option on it! i guess since there's not layers in a jpeg then something would have to add the colors that are under the top ones. so i guess what i'm asking is, is there any way to fill in the holes on the under layers.

The cheap way i found to do it is just not weed the bottom layers but it would be easier if found the right way to do it!

post-11801-12986558545744_thumb.jpg

post-11801-1298655855785_thumb.jpg

What software are you using? In SignBlazer you can use Arrange + Split Objects. It will turn remove the cutouts making them their own elements. You can just delete them.

That works for holes inside witch does help a lot but it doesnt on the holes that arent closed off. If it's not closed off it doesnt make it, it's own object

Here's an example i drew up real quick to explain what im stuck on

If i have an image that looks like this

FULL.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt119/wiidoctor/FULL.jpg

The only way i can cut it i would end up with 3 pieces that look like this

FULL2.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt119/wiidoctor/FULL2.jpg

But what i need is to get it to cut 3 pieces that look like this

FULL1.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt119/wiidoctor/FULL1.jpg

If i just remove the nodes inside it does work but it will only work on simple drawings on the more complex ones i cant seem to get it to work.

in signblazer you can edit the nodes, just delete nodes on the inside path.

on the simple ones that works but the frylock one is a bit harder. i want to cut his hair out so it is one solid yellow block and the black will go over it and make out the fry's! i'm refering to the picture i posted up top in here

When i try to remove the nodes on his hair this is what i get

12-7-20103-30-10PM.jpg

on the fryloc one, id delete all the nodes except the outline on the black layer, then just leave the yellow and red layers as is. are you doing a while layer for the eyes too?

on the fryloc one, id delete all the nodes except the outline on the black layer, then just leave the yellow and red layers as is. are you doing a while layer for the eyes too?

It would be easier to start by using Split Objects. Delete what you dont need then Node Edit to get rid of the rest that you don't want. This is all part of cleaning up your graphics for cutting. Printing applications can get away with things that you can't do when cutting.