jhocksrule

P-Cut stops half way through job

I'm running my p-cut with the usb connection and my OS is Vista. The job is about 30" long in all. The cutter stops about half way through the job and is says "WAITING" on the cutter. Anyone have any idea why. I just started using the USB connection. I never had that problem with the serial connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need to get this job cut and out the door. Thanks for all the input.

A few things can interupt your cut like this:

Static (light spray with Static Guard, place a dryer sheer inside roll, ground machine)

Bad USB HUB (Replace USB HUB)

COM Port conflict (assign machine and computer to communicate via COM Port 6)

Problem with the file itself (check another file)

If it's a laptop sometimes these have issues with power consistancy at the USB.

Just a quick note regarding the "waiting" message.

Earlier I received this message mid cut, and I am on my laptop still using USB. I Couldn't figure out what to do but then when reading locknloads post I realized I could be using a faulty port. So I changed ports, went into set-up and changed ports there as well. It worked and I was able to finish my cut.

Thanks,

I know I know, time for the serial port.

Earlier I received this message mid cut, and I am on my laptop still using USB. I Couldn't figure out what to do but then when reading locknloads post I realized I could be using a faulty port. So I changed ports, went into set-up and changed ports there as well. It worked and I was able to finish my cut.

Thanks,

Just keep it in port 6 and you should be okay. Also, sometimes it's re-spooling the rest of the cut and will begin cutting a minute or so later so don't "reset".

Thanks,

+1

+1

I just had this happen to me, and I went to close out signblazer and it will not for a long time then pops up with a message "not responding"

do I have a software problem as well?

I just had this happen to me, and I went to close out signblazer and it will not for a long time then pops up with a message "not responding"

do I have a software problem as well?

yes..you are using Windows. That 'not responding' message is as common as dirt.

yes..you are using Windows. That 'not responding' message is as common as dirt.

Okay, is there anything I can do to stop having that so much?

Usually this is caused by ram. Windows is unloading the memory it just has used. Try upgrading your ram. Also, make sure to go to windows update and your manufacturer website and see if you have the latest updated drivers for your hardware. Also run disk cleanup and defrag at least once a week. Should stop the not responding stuff. The most important thing is your ram though. Hope this helps ya

Usually this is caused by ram. Windows is unloading the memory it just has used. Try upgrading your ram. Also, make sure to go to windows update and your manufacturer website and see if you have the latest updated drivers for your hardware. Also run disk cleanup and defrag at least once a week. Should stop the not responding stuff. The most important thing is your ram though. Hope this helps ya

Thank you for that I will

Thank you for that I will

So I have now change the usb cord to a new one. My computer doesnt have a serial port so Im stuck with USB. I tried running a small job. Its 5*9 decals 4 in a row it gets to the third one then cuts a line to the beginning corner than stops. Is this the USB doing this? Should I get a serial to USB adapter maybe? I dont know what to do here. I cancelled my next job its alot bigger and that could be a diaster.

Any help I would appreciate.

Well, I wouldnt have cancelled the job. Get this, http://www.uscutter....keyword=keyspan set it to the right port on your cutter. You won't have any issues. I use usb as well.

I've used this on several machines. Depending on where you live, you'll have it in 2 to 4 days at the most. USCutter is fast!!!!!!

When I started out with this cutter I tried just USB (Had the serial adapter mind you) but still tried just regular and came out with the results your having. It's always in the USB!!!!!! I've seen posts like crazy about this subject. Anyone from USCutter can you please put this on your list when people buy a cutter??? (Just Suggesting, to keep people from having problems) BTW, I have a laserpoint24, the only difference in mine and yours is mine has the laser pointer.

P.S. GET RID OF THAT VISTA MESS! GET XP FOR CUTTER! Vista is the worse OS I've ever beta tested or used. I work on them day in and day out. I even think peeps are having trouble using Windows 7 with this, but I like Windows 7 it's awesome!

(This is just my opinion though, yours may vary) heheeheh

Hope this helps you out

Well, I wouldnt have cancelled the job. Get this, http://www.uscutter....keyword=keyspan set it to the right port on your cutter. You won't have any issues. I use usb as well.

I've used this on several machines. Depending on where you live, you'll have it in 2 to 4 days at the most. USCutter is fast!!!!!!

When I started out with this cutter I tried just USB (Had the serial adapter mind you) but still tried just regular and came out with the results your having. It's always in the USB!!!!!! I've seen posts like crazy about this subject. Anyone from USCutter can you please put this on your list when people buy a cutter??? (Just Suggesting, to keep people from having problems) BTW, I have a laserpoint24, the only difference in mine and yours is mine has the laser pointer.

P.S. GET RID OF THAT VISTA MESS! GET XP FOR CUTTER! Vista is the worse OS I've ever beta tested or used. I work on them day in and day out. I even think peeps are having trouble using Windows 7 with this, but I like Windows 7 it's awesome!

(This is just my opinion though, yours may vary) heheeheh

Hope this helps you out

Thank you for this helpful info. I am running XP, I like it alot.

I will get that and hopefully it works. Is it easy to set up?

Yes it is, very easy. Just make sure you run and install the drivers disk b4 you hook it up. All you do is plug the usb cord into one side from the computer, then the usb from the cutter to the other side. It's very simple

AshComputers -- I got to looking at the Keyspan adapter, I not sure that serial port will fit because it has the screw holes next to the port and so does the cutter. I found this out by going to Staples (because I just have get this going again) and they had a USB to serial adapter so I bought it to wait for the one from USCUTTER and it would not go on either. So I'm not sure what to do.. ANy suggestions?

AshComputers -- I got to looking at the Keyspan adapter, I not sure that serial port will fit because it has the screw holes next to the port and so does the cutter. I found this out by going to Staples (because I just have get this going again) and they had a USB to serial adapter so I bought it to wait for the one from USCUTTER and it would not go on either. So I'm not sure what to do.. ANy suggestions?

you should be able to connect the Keyspan to your computer, THEN connect the screw end to the serial cable that came with your cutter, then to your cutter. TWO cables make it work.

Thanks skeet, I was having a blonde moment. (Been Sick with the flu) I didn't even think about the serial port connection doohhhh Sorry ANYTIME, I totally forgot about the serial port on the pcut you have to use. It works well though. Just do what Skeet said and you'll be fine after that

I'm planning on using my cutter mainly for cutting paint mask for mural work. Big mural work - I'm designing one that's 30' x 10' right now - and hand cutting masks for that was way too much work. I'm running Windows 7 on a quad core machine with 8gb ram, and I have my PCUT CT630 hooked up with USB - should I chop my mask up into maybe 5' sections to avoid the cutter from freezing halfway through?

Only have one thing to say STATIC!!!. I had the same issue until i started using static guard. grounding did not help, had to use static guard spray and sprayed the roll as it was working its way out. YOUR problem is static seen it lots of times.

I saw on the net the other day, a guy that had taken anti-static sheets and taped them to his material rollers. Said he had no static at all. Thought it was a really cool idea if it works lol

I find this weird because I have been having a problem cutting with FlexiSign Pro.    SignBlazer and SignCut have no problems cutting.  However I changed ports and all that and still had a problem with the cutter stopping halfway threw a cut.

After reading these posts I wiped down my cutter with dryer sheets and have made 4 successful cuts.  Little strange huh.

As I said in another post.    Makes me wonder if the communication from Flexi is sensitive compared to SignBlazer and SignCut.

And I am using USB without a key-spanner. 

I put dryer sheets in all my rolls of vinyl now and have a few hanging around near the cutter until I can buy some static spray.   As winter is coming and static will increase in the air.  So I am hoping that is was my whole problem and nothing else.

Thank you guys.    

I just got the mh 871 and only tried a 15 inch letter and viola stops before done so now that I have ruined almost all the vinyl that came with this thing I want to send it back it is useless if it doesn't work

how did you create that letter?  why I ask is if you traced it instead of making it as a font letter in whatever program you are using it could have so many nodes to overwhelm the limited memory on your cutter.     - you cutter came with 2 ft square of vinyl?    maybe adding some information as to what program you are using - how the artwork was created, using usb or serial connection, etc might help the volunteers here on the forum in helping you to diagnose your problem,  tech support closed for the weekend so next time they can help is monday morning when they open

13 hours ago, bigslam said:

I just got the mh 871 and only tried a 15 inch letter and viola stops before done so now that I have ruined almost all the vinyl that came with this thing I want to send it back it is useless if it doesn't work

First of all, welcome to the USCUTTER-sponsored user forums. Not exactly sure why you didn't just open a brand new thread instead of resurrecting this years-old topic on a P-Cut model, when your machine is not that.

So, here we are.

You came in saying "I want to send it back it is useless if it doesn't work"  ---  so that seems to be one easy solution. Pack it back into the box, and on Monday, call and request a Return Authorization.

Or, follow through with what dakotagrafx indicated and give us something better and more detailed to work with to troubleshoot.

We'll be here all week. Try the veal. And don't forget to tip your servers.