Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

Anyone do business cards? Or where's the best place to get them?

Looking to get some business cards, and upgrade from the Vistaprint free ones.. Wondering if anyone here can help me out? I have a design, just need to revamp it a little, and then have it printed..

I've looked at JakPrints.com, and are $81 w/ tax for 1000. I can pick them up since they are close to where I live.

If I get them from OvernightPrints.com I have a coupon that brings 1000 to $41 shipped..

Vistaprint is $53 and I get a free note pad :), lol.

Anyone have any recommendations or anyone here in the business that they can hook me up with a better price?

I do Vista too but I upload my own files for cards not use their templates.

they do a decent job but meh. I also have a guy in Florida that does my cards too and I can send him a file . 500 count would cost around $65 for heavy stock single side with one side uv lam coating. tThey do fantastic work.

Hi xJoey

I do business cards on quality card stock..

Linen,flat, or gloss...I charge $32.50 for full color plus shipping for 500.. $49.95 plus shipping for 1000...

As you have seen on some of the other posts here, you get what you pay for..

I do quality work... on quality card stock...

I have seen some Vista cards and they are thin paper stock...

PM me if your interested...or anyone else that might be...

thanks

stetson5331

Vistaprint cards flat out are cheap looking. I think they print on paper bag material lol

Hi xJoey

Linen,flat, or gloss...I charge $32.50 for full color plus shipping for 500.. $49.95 plus shipping for 1000...

Well that was a pretty crappy thing to say when A( You have never seen  the quality of any of our work sn :) you "product" is cheaper than the product I get from Florida which is in fact professionally make and of the highest quality. 

And that price I quotes is shipped . I was only trying to help not get criticized .Learn some manners pal.

Hi xJoey

Well that was a pretty crappy thing to say when A( You have never seen  the quality of any of our work sn :) you "product" is cheaper than the product I get from Florida which is in fact professionally make and of the highest quality. 

And that price I quotes is shipped . I was only trying to help not get criticized .Learn some manners pal.

Maybe just me but i didn't think he was targeting anyone specifically lol

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind, but another guy on another forum recommended GotPrint.com which is $32 for 1000 shipped. Think I'm going to try them out first.

Yeah GOT PRINT!!!! They have excellent quality, my only sugestion is read the fine print on production, and delivery time. It take awhileeeee!!!

Thing that gets me is designing it at 350 DPI that small it looks really pixelated at that size.. I'll need to make a test print at work tomorrow.

Hi xJoey

I was not attacking anyones post nor was I questioning anyones quality other than Vista prints...I mearly stated I do quality work...BETTER than Vista print...I have seen their cards as customers have brought them in for me to redo because they are crappy..I was not in anyway talking about your post or the person you have do cards...Where did you get that from reading my post? Manners? WOW pot calling kettel black I presume would be appropriate...

stetson5331

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind, but another guy on another forum recommended GotPrint.com which is $32 for 1000 shipped. Think I'm going to try them out first.

Hey no problem, I totally understand...

I understand business is business and thats why it's called competition, save where you can...

I have had a couple of members here PM me asking for some quotes already this morning...

If you need anything let me know..

stetson5331

I was not attacking anyones post nor was I questioning anyones quality other than Vista prints...I mearly stated I do quality work...BETTER than Vista print...I have seen their cards as customers have brought them in for me to redo because they are crappy..I was not in anyway talking about your post or the person you have do cards...Where did you get that from reading my post? Manners? WOW pot calling kettel black I presume would be appropriate...

stetson5331

Stetson you are absolutely correct and I want to apologize to you . I must have been in a bad mood when I posted that and I had no reason to take it out on you . I was way out of line.... my bad dude!

Not a problem everyone has a day from the other side...

I stand by my work and price accordingly...

I try to help people that I can, when I can...

If you or anyone else needs anything I can help out with feel free to PM me or post on the many threads I post on, and I will be glad too...

Thanks

stetson5331

How do you feel about rounded corners? Are you able to? If so is there a difference in price?

I had a nice design for a card (or so I thought) but am currently re-working it and would like cards soon.

How do you feel about rounded corners? Are you able to? If so is there a difference in price?

I had a nice design for a card (or so I thought) but am currently re-working it and would like cards soon.

I don't have a corner round for business cards, but I will check with a friend that has a printing company, we send work back and forth and I will see if he has a corner round...I will get back to you in the morning.He is good with my pricing but not sure on the round..

Hope thats ok?

Stetson5331

ya thats cool, like I said I am probably have them ready to print in a couple weeks.

hey stetson maybe you should post some of you cards so that we might be able to see the quality.

hey stetson maybe you should post some of you cards so that we might be able to see the quality.

No problem ...

The cards are scanned inside a plastic display sleeve...

These will show a variety of cards that we have done over the last few weeks...

If you or anyone would like us to get you a card or anything else that we do, I will be glad to help you anytime...

you will see in the top left corner a price written on the card that says $48.00 for 500...that cards actually a 2 sided card full color front and back.

Just wanted to clarify whats written on it...

thanks

stetson5331

post-10510-12986558442266_thumb.jpg

post-10510-12986558452556_thumb.jpg

Hi,

The rounded corners are no problem...It's just an additional $5.00 to round them...

My friend has a corner round, so no trouble at all

just let me know when you get ready...

thanks

stetson5331

You should really try gotprint.com. We do around 15-20 sets a month threw them with GREAT quality and I always get them in 3 days after I order. Very thick,glossy etc. and the are $17 shipped for 1000 and $35 shipped for 5000. You can request free sample pack from them and see the quality. Not trying to knock anyone here but just seems crazy to pay double..

There are so many different ways to print cards so it is important to know how they are being printed, how they are being finished and what stock is being used.....Many local printers and some of those here use toner based systems (laser printers)......Larger operations like 4Over and GotPrint offset print using ink......

Nice pieces Stetson

We do so many cards I just grabbed one of the display sleeves and scanned them in..

thanks

stetson