WrestlingWear

Christmas Gifts (Vinyl Tiles)

Here are some tiles I made today for some nice easy christmas gifts.

Lettering was purchased from myvinyldesigner.com

Hope everyone likes these.

post-1624-12986558398462_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558411536_thumb.jpg

Depends on your market area.

These tiles are like 5.75" x 5.75". I glue black felt to the back of the tile and include a stand with them.

Getting 10.00-15.00 for those.

I do a few of the 12"x12" tiles and around 20.00-25.00 depends on the detail and all.

Prices are just what you can manage to get. Sometimes it takes a price drop to sell a few but then normally you end up getting return business and word of mouth sales increase.

I have been using gloss.

Its oracal 631, I had some left over after a project I did so I just used what I had in shop to pass the time and create some gifts.

Thanks,

Josh

Depends on your market area.

These tiles are like 5.75" x 5.75". I glue black felt to the back of the tile and include a stand with them.

Getting 10.00-15.00 for those.

I do a few of the 12"x12" tiles and around 20.00-25.00 depends on the detail and all.

Prices are just what you can manage to get. Sometimes it takes a price drop to sell a few but then normally you end up getting return business and word of mouth sales increase.

Do you have a picture and a supplier for the stands? How much?

Thanks!

I just went to local dollar store and get 2 black wire stands for 1.00. These are perfect for the small tiles.

The other stands I get from Ben Franklin craft store and just pay about 2.00 each.

I am making more tiles now so I will update photos tonight!

I can't wait to see more. Could you post a photo of a new one that hasn't been worked on? I

want to see if it is completely smooth or what. :)

Susie

I just went to local dollar store and get 2 black wire stands for 1.00. These are perfect for the small tiles.

The other stands I get from Ben Franklin craft store and just pay about 2.00 each.

I am making more tiles now so I will update photos tonight!

Was it a local dollar store or a name brand dollar store? Like Dollar Tree, Dollar General and so on...

Dollar Tree

I will infact post a regular tile before vinyl has been applied.

The surface is smooth top. The larger tiles I purchased have a "textured" edge that is somewhat weathered looking. I keep designs enough in where I do not have to fool with the edges. Just centering the design.

Thanks for all the positive responses and interest in the products. This is what the forum is all about. Showing and Sharing with others the joys of cutting.

Will post photos soon.

Dollar Tree

I will infact post a regular tile before vinyl has been applied.

The surface is smooth top. The larger tiles I purchased have a "textured" edge that is somewhat weathered looking. I keep designs enough in where I do not have to fool with the edges. Just centering the design.

Thanks for all the positive responses and interest in the products. This is what the forum is all about. Showing and Sharing with others the joys of cutting.

Will post photos soon.

What do you use to put the black felt on? Anything special?

I am trying to get this all set up as a fundraiser for a local robotics team.

Using a Elmers Spray Adhesive purchased at local walmart.

Here are the new tiles. I watched my son for a while tonight so I didnt get as much done as I would have liked but family time is much more important in my book.

post-1624-12986558407185_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558407502_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558407812_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558408069_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558415813_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558416062_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558416314_thumb.jpg

post-1624-12986558416495_thumb.jpg

Wow, I'm loving these tiles.

Would you mind telling me your whole process? Do you put anything on the tile before you lay the vinyl? Is it a certain vinyl? Do you put anything on over top that makes it shiny?

Thanks for the photo of the plain tile.

Great job,

Susie

I was inspired by your design, so I bought a similar alphabet. I think my mistake was that firstly I weeded contra to yours and then when I put it on the tile the application tape pulled most of the design out.

On my second attempt I just weeded after it was on, then it went much better

On the back side I just glued a small piece of shoe lace and covered the whole lot with a piece of vinyl.

I also bought the same alphabet.....I just cut a design using an S and it is a real weeding test.....I think a 6" x 6" is too small for me....

Any chance of you sharing the vector for that snowman, my wife would love that on her back window!

I was wondering what font you used for the last name at the bottom if it is a different one than the monogram letter?

They look very nice, thank you for posting them.

Thomas

roxanneupnorth

Bookman Old Style is not a font that usually comes loaded on the computers, right? I believe that is one that I will have to purchase right?

Thank You Very Much

Thomas