I bought a US Cullter MH721 last year in may and it died last month and I am unable to get it to do anything without the screen going blank or erroring out.

So what should I do now with it besides tossing it in the trash can and buying a better brand.

first off sorry to hear about the problem.

now on to how i feel. if you bought a $300 cutter and expected anything less, then you are a fool. lastly, if you haven't made that money back 20 fold since may, don't worry about buying a new or better cutter. you are in the wrong business anyways. good luck.

• Like 1

I have had a 721 for about a year now. I pray every time i turn it on that it will work properly. So far so good. I have paid for it twice over just by doing stuff for family and friends.  I realize that if it quit today, that i would be content and probably look for spending more for a better cutter like a graphtec, Roland, etc...

Sorry to hear about the cutter, but we get what we pay for.

good luck

ive had my pcut  for a few months now and ive already paid for it....now profit will be saved for a bigger better cutter but as long as this pcut keeps cuttin im satisfied

now on to how i feel. if you bought a $300 cutter and expected anything less, then you are a fool. lastly, if you haven't made that money back 20 fold since may, don't worry about buying a new or better cutter. you are in the wrong business anyways. good luck.

well put.

I would still contact support and see if maybe it's an easy fix. Put a hundred dollas in and get a couple more years out of it.

I am asking this in ernest & not being critical  :D . I am not good at proper grammer . Should " if you bought a $300 cutter and expected anything LESS , then you ..... "  be " if you bought a $300 cutter and expected anything MORE , then you .... " ?

well put.

+1

crazy n lazy guy

I am asking this in ernest & not being critical  :D . I am not good at proper grammer . Should " if you bought a $300 cutter and expected anything LESS , then you ..... "  be " if you bought a $300 cutter and expected anything MORE , then you .... " ?

you know, i questioned the more or less myself. but i reasoned that i was talking about his problem with the cutter hence the less. i reasoned that if i was talking about his expectations only when buying the cutter new, i would have used more.

The message & intent was clear , but I wondered which would be correct . Have to wait for an English teacher  :D

:) I purchased my CR630 over two years ago, and since then I'd estimate I've gone through about 3,000 linear yards of 24" vinyl and countless other things I wouldn't imagine attempting to cut with a $2,000 cutter and in the process managed to pay all my bills, feed my family and maintain my mortgage (including a complete bath remodel) as well as take a vacation during the 11 months I was unemployed.

At the moment I'm cutting a job worth about 22 linear yards I'll be installing tomorrow evening on 1,300 feet of glass storefront on my way home from my desk job.

Not too shabby for a cutter I got for $180 if I do say so myself...

• Like 1

:) I purchased my CR630 over two years ago, and since then I'd estimate I've gone through about 3,000 linear yards of 24" vinyl and countless other things I wouldn't imagine attempting to cut with a $2,000 cutter and in the process managed to pay all my bills, feed my family and maintain my mortgage (including a complete bath remodel) as well as take a vacation during the 11 months I was unemployed.

At the moment I'm cutting a job worth about 22 linear yards I'll be installing tomorrow evening on 1,300 feet of glass storefront on my way home from my desk job.

Not too shabby for a cutter I got for $180 if I do say so myself...

amen....wheres the "LIKE" button anyone know? lol

The message & intent was clear , but I wondered which would be correct . Have to wait for an English teacher  :P

Don't look at me, my english teacher suggested i move to mexico  :D

They are what they are - cheap Chinese made hobby cutters.  they are a lot cheaper than professional models and have their share of problems.  personally I had a refine and a p-cut and each paid for the next upgrade and then some before I moved up.  You just can't expect the same results and longevity from a 300 cutter as opposed to a $1300 one.  did a Yugo give the same service as a Cadillac - no but if you make enough deliveries with the yugo you can take the earnings and buy that Dodge Challenger -- errr Cadillac

They are what they are - cheap Chinese made hobby cutters.  they are a lot cheaper than professional models and have their share of problems.  personally I had a refine and a p-cut and each paid for the next upgrade and then some before I moved up.  You just can't expect the same results and longevity from a 300 cutter as opposed to a $1300 one.  did a Yugo give the same service as a Cadillac - no but if you make enough deliveries with the yugo you can take the earnings and buy that Dodge Challenger -- errr Cadillac

:P You do know Graphtec moved 80% of their manufacturing from Japan to China five years ago don't you?

That means that the comparison would have to be more like a ChangAn vs. a Beiqi...  :D

Good point but they still design the item and maintain a quality control over the product built :D

Good point but they still design the item and maintain a quality control over the product built :P

That's why I said "ChangAn", owned by Ford/Mazda... :D