Sign in to follow this  
banzaimini1

wow never again

ok so i was in the process of doing some 18x24 signs for a new beauty shop that opened up in town when i suddenly ran out of black vinyl...now i always ordered my stuff from uscutter but it was one of those things where they needed them a.s.a.p because of there opening and i had no time to order so i called around trying to find vinyl and get nowhere fast...and guess what i have a sign warehouse right in my back yard 10 min from my house...stopped by and got me some "cheap" oracal 641 and man was it a big pain in my butt...would not peel off the oracal backing and when it did it brought the paper with it as if you took two pieces of tape to a piece of paper and just split it apart...anyone had any trouble like this? i know now 641 is not for me..lol just thought i would post my personal experience..

I usually can't tell much difference between the two. I think the main difference is the adhesive. 641 might be just a little bit thicker.

yea 641 is thicker , 651 is 2.5mil i think.. ive had that happened to me before, if your backing is stick when you peel the vinyl the blade is cutting to deep into the liner and you need to adjust the setting on your machine.. i always get that when i put in a new blade...