Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

Did the Finale of this years Flea Market.... some new stuff I did too

Well I decided to set up at the Finale of the Flea Market in Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds this weekend (County Cleveland, Ohio is in). I intially thought it was only $10 to set up, but if you wanted indoors, it was $35. They don't usually do indoors, but it's the finale, and it's cold, so I opted to spend more for it. I did end up making decent amount of profit, a bunch of prospective buyers, one larger order for a banner, and snatched a canopy tent cheap at another stand.  049.gif

My set up...

Nothing too special..

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODYtMjAxMDExMjEtMTIyMC5qcGc.jpg

Decided I needed some sex appeal so put this on my brothers tables I always borrow for camping...  ;)

width=800 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/3am%20customs/utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTUtMjAxMDExMjEtMTIzOS5qcGc.jpg[/img]

Laid out a banner full of examples, along with examples on the table..

width=800 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/3am%20customs/utf-8BSU1HMDAyODctMjAxMDExMjEtMTIyMS5qcGc.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/3am%20customs/utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTQtMjAxMDExMjEtMTIzOC5qcGc.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/3am%20customs/utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTAtMjAxMDExMjEtMTIzNy5qcGc.jpg[/img]

Close up of decals on banner...

Cop one is for my buddy sitting on the chair in the first picture, he's a son of a cop, a roomate of a cop, and a former cop looking for work, so made these for him and another friend...

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTMtMjAxMDExMjEtMTIzOC5qcGc.jpg

width=800 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/3am%20customs/utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTItMjAxMDExMjEtMTIzOC5qcGc.jpg[/img]

Things I learned and did during the weekend...

I made a 2 color star to to have on hand, allowed me to explain how to apply decals for those who did not know how to.

Also if you look at the banner, the Monster decal has application tape still on it. I pulled it half way off, and folded it over, so I could show people how to install it in that aspect, and how multiple peices...

What I need to do for future events:

Bring on more table next time, make it easier work, instead of everything just on two tables, didn't give me much room to work.

Make a paper explaining install, and print out a ton of them. Need to do this for forum sales too.

ALOT more business cards.

Hang a banner from the front of the tables....

hey Joey,

Do you ever have any trouble with trademarked stuff? i'd have been scared to death to bring that Monster to a show....I noticed you do some reproductions...anyone ever say anything? just asking...

Good work, btw!

Kim

hey Joey,

Do you ever have any trouble with trademarked stuff? i'd have been scared to death to bring that Monster to a show....I noticed you do some reproductions...anyone ever say anything? just asking...

Good work, btw!

Kim

Just because the right person hasn't seen it doesn't mean it's ok. Your sliding by by the skin of your teeth if you haven't been caught. I deny trademark work and perceive my company to not do that type of work because it's not worth it.

hey Joey,

Good work, btw!

Kim

No I have not. Also, I tend not to sell trademarked stuff now.. I've made some stuff for myself to learn how to use Inkscape, and for examples... but don't intend to sell those.

hey Joey,

Good work, btw!

Kim

Just because the right person hasn't seen it doesn't mean it's ok. Your sliding by by the skin of your teeth if you haven't been caught. I deny trademark work and perceive my company to not do that type of work because it's not worth it.

I never said it's okay, nor implied that.

hey Joey,

Good work, btw!

Kim

I never said it's okay, nor implied that.

I didn't say you did.

I wouldn't display trademarked logos because more than likely that gives the impression you do them. "Hey i want one of those in red"....see?

Not the first time that someone thought the stuff Joey was showing was what he was selling . . . .

Last time was for your brother right?  I am sure he doesn't want someone from another company to be driving those great looking trucks!

Not the first time that someone thought the stuff Joey was showing was what he was selling . . . .

Last time was for your brother right?  I am sure he doesn't want someone from another company to be driving those great looking trucks!

Not this game again.. lol

I did make stuff for my brother.

What trucks are you talking about? lost me there.

The tricked out dakota and the ram with the cool hood - the Assets.

I know you would never sell anything inappropriate and I would never accuse you of it, I was just pointing out that you had already mentioned you know better than that!

IMG_3306.jpg

width=797 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/2009Shows/StylnHLTS083009/100_6350.jpg[/img]

The tricked out dakota and the ram with the cool hood - the Assets.

I know you would never sell anything inappropriate and I would never accuse you of it, I was just pointing out that you had already mentioned you know better than that!

IMG_3306.jpg

width=797 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/2009Shows/StylnHLTS083009/100_6350.jpg[/img]

Well you lost me about the "another company driving my trucks" deal.. lol

Don't understand what your saying..

I was saying you are too smart to sell the trademark stuff and have the company sue you and take your assets to pay the judgement when they win.  At 5-10K per occurrence (per sticker) and per trademark it would only take a few to win both trucks.  but as discussed and put to bed long ago, you acknowledgedly you know better and don't do that stuff.  some people don't realize they hire people to troll markets, online to find this stuff and buy so they can enforce their trademarks.  an open forum is a great place to find where the seller likes to sell also.

I was saying you are too smart to sell the trademark stuff and have the company sue you and take your assets to pay the judgement when they win.  At 5-10K per occurrence (per sticker) and per trademark it would only take a few to win both trucks.  but as discussed and put to bed long ago, you acknowledgedly you know better and don't do that stuff.   some people don't realize they hire people to troll markets, online to find this stuff and buy so they can enforce their trademarks.  an open forum is a great place to find where the seller likes to sell also.

oh gotcha. I thought you meant that I wouldn't like people unknowingly using my truck for their advertisement purposes haha..

I've been in that situation actually lol...

I actually on my last shirt for my boss shirt I made I went and asked permission to cut the logo long story short I had to call corporate and ask permission before telling them I worked for the company they gave me the go ahead and actually emailed me the logo now that they know I work for them they offered me a 600 shirt deal every 6 months that I had to decline lmao