chrissie75

New refine eco series, brand and model not found in flexi prod manager setup

Vinyl cutter model--Refine ECO Series

Date purchased (Date is best, otherwise month and year)--11/15/2010

Connection method (USB, serial, Parallel)--USB

Software (Signcut, Artcut, Flexi, etc)--Flexicut 8.6 v2

Operating system--Vista

Material--Oracal vinyl 651

My probem is that I am in the production manager setup, and the refine eco series is not listed as a brand name.  I tried under uscutter, but  model number PRO-24 is not listed as a model type...what should i select?

Also, I am connected via usb from cutter to computer, there are 2 usb plug ins on the front of my cpu, the top one has the software key in it that flexi tech support said had to be connected at all times, so I connected the usb cord to the second one, what com port does that make it?  I'm so confused, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Not quite answering your question - but I would advice against using the front USB ports for your cutter. It does not provide enough power. Once you get going, you'll have heaps of frustrations with cuts stopping in the middle, usb losing connectivity during your cut, etc.

Try the roland pnc 1000 driver

also see if there is anything in the creation folder near to the refine

oh wow, ok, thanks for the heads up on the front usb connectors, i just moved them to the back of the cpu.  I called flexistarter tech support and he remoted into my puter, he said uscutter sold me software that does not support my machine. I have emailed tech support for us cutter but havn't heard anything back and it's been a few days now. 

Tech support for flexi said the new version 10 supports my cutter, but i have already paid $60 extra dollars when i ordered my machine for flexi 8.6 v2.  urg i'm frustrated, any suggestions? ;)

Flexi start 10 is out at US Cutter now. I would call them and ask if you could upgrade by paying the difference in price if you're willing to spend another $40.

Mine wasn't listed either when I got mine and I just went through each one until I found that the "Roland" setting worked best.

Make sure your baud rate is set at 9600, and your com ports match in production manager and your computers device manager to avoid additional headache.

For the slashing/unfinished cutting issue mentioned by the previous poster, during the winter months regardless of cutter quality you may have issues with the anount of static produced by the vinyl. Fixes for this include: Static Guard spray, fabric softner sheet inside the roll your cutting, copper ground wire to a static mat or solid ground directly from a metal area on the cutter and the latest, an air ionizer in your cutting area.

The ECO does not have a driver in Flexi, but we have had success with the USCutter Copam, the USCutter MH Series, and the Roland PNC drivers. If you continue to have issues with the previously listed options then please call us at 888-298-8143.

I ended up calling tech support, and the guys there were wonderful!!  We ended up using the copam 2500 drivers, and I'm cutting like crazy now, lol.  Thanks to everyone who responded here, you guys are awesome!!

I just bought a ECO cutter also. I am using flexisign Pro 8.6 V2. I got most of my info from this thread for getting the machine to work with flexi. I can not get the cutter synced up with the computer and I am on the right comm port. When I hit the send button to send my design to the cutter, the cutter starts to cut, but does not cut what I want. It just stays in the same spot and just keeps cutting in the same spot. I have no idea what is wrong.

I will tell it to cut "hh" just as a sample cut and it kinda stays in the same spot and just goes back and forth on the vinyl. I know I am probably not explaining my self very good.

Here is a pic of what it does to my vinyl when I tell it to cut the letters "hh". Sorry the pic is not better, was kinda hard to show detail.

Any help would be great. Let me know if you need any more info from me.

2010-12-11_12-07-36_803.jpg

Just another bit of info. The cutter works fine with Signblazer. I also cut with the same usb port on flexisign as I do with Signblazer.

The cutter will not work with the roland drivers for me. I tried every roland driver on flexisign. I am using the copam drivers. CP 2500 and CP 3000 work for me. The other drivers and the roland ones, will not even send any info to the cutter.

as this is a fairly new cutter I really don't have anything to go on - generally the roland drivers are petty generic for everything.  sounds like a support ticket is the only way to get help

US Cutter support hooked me right up. If any body needs any help with this cutter, dont hesitate to call. All is good now.